Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone getting PES 14?

BT9NgMKIQAAX12k.jpg:large

Fackin hell

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From looking around they did say their going to add 1000 faces to the game via DLC but still that ish looks horrible

these look good though

1378744647-media.jpg

Usually Konami are on point with the faces, but when they don't rate you as a player, you get a generic as hell face

concise

Veteran
Daps
That "users found this page by searching for" thing looks pretty interesting. Somebody got to this page by googling "henrying meme". :ehh:

And it's on the 1st page of search results. :ehh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Of course it is not silly.
I am just urging most of you to be and to act as team members 24/7.
But since you do not have to protect the crest, run, pass, remember coach's instructions, and think - all at the same time - you can / should be a little wilder, crazier. more open, and be our most dedicated and sincere critics. Howevever if you BS guys (I guess I am one too) and others want to earn full membership in what the players consider to be "the collective team" - we ask for constructive critisism. It may still be hard, honest and direct - but constructive. To attempt to make fools out of current or previous players who have worn the crest - is not just ditasteful - it is counter productive to our common goals. Players dare to be a little more creative and improving and more eager to try the difficult stuff - if we know that an attempt which went wrong will be forgiven - nor ridiculed for years. My latest and best example is our game in Ohio. I think I could also speak for others but (due to my own policy) I won't:
I grew an inch or two just when I saw and heard the crowd and supporters in Columbus. They were the 12th, 13th and 14th man. I felt a collective group that not only wanted the same result as we wanted - but that actually took on the task and contributed much in the same way I tried to do when I was called upon. Loosing and/or being fearful of negative criticism to come was therefore not in my mind. I felt that yanks in the stadium were all supportive friends. It was easier to dare to "be creative" then.
Of course many could argue that BS and other US fans are already so much better than supporters, fans and so called fans for other nations, so Mix - rest your case. But then I would counter - why can't we be the best?
Alltid og uansett

I will always carry Stabæk's "motto" with me. I certainly offer it to you and the discussions on this thread as well.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...udes-nt-results.939469/page-173#post-28663524

:wow:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I didn't fully understand the term "pro" when I was 5. But you would have gotten a positive answer if you had explained the term to me, back then. It has never been the money or the social status that inspired.
However, in 1997 I made a commitment to myself. I was the last person in the entire stadium leaving my seat (section rather) after a final cup game. That is when I turned around and made a deal with my father. I had him promise that he would make sure that I, at least once, when I grew up, could "play out on that pitch" - "just like them" - pointing to where it had all happened, close to an hour ago. My father doesn't promise much, but on the way back to the car, he promised that if I did what he told me to, without refusing food/meals, schoolwork or practice (very different types it turned out to be) - I would get to "play on that field".

I remember I felt like I took that "deal" and ran with it. I believed the "deal" was solid. It was a handshake. And I have ever since been determined to do my part.
In my mind -still- I turned pro that day. It wasn't about the money. Still isn't.
The field was grass and green and huge when my eyes left it that day.
I expect it to be just as green on Nov 24. One way, or another, I hope to be there. Either or, I will not act as a professional, that day.
http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...udes-nt-results.939469/page-175#post-28704934

:wow:

(November 24th is the Norwegian Cup Final)