Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really is a terrible move, he doesn't understand what he's getting into at all. This is definitely agent, manager, and other peoples who plan to benefit from this move work.

I like Bale as a player, one of the few players I like watching these days, I hope this move doesn't debacled(Emmit) his career.

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

concise

Veteran
Daps
not showing any qualifying but theres...... real madrid vs al saad on bein :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:
:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

------------------------------

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2013-08-21-POR-v-RSL/recap

APPARENTLY it was a great game yesterday, really did try to stay up but who puts a top matchup on a wednesday at 11pm eastern? :smh: put chivas and dallas and colorado in that slot, not these two!

I guess they feel moving it up an hour wouldn't have been worth the extra couple hundred fans from the east coast who would have tuned in. :manny: I wanted to watch as well, but I understand.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Neymar :ehh:
:to:

I am pretty sure a middle-of-the-road team can make a miraculous run in February/March and knock Lyon off the Top 5... The worst would be of course St Etienne finishing higher than Lyon but that's a pretty strong probability.

As for the epic fails in the CL in the 2000's you forgot the best one...

What happened is at one point they overpayed for shytty players -Keita, Bodmer, Ally Cissokho- and for players who never really lived up to their hype -Michel Bastos, Gourcuff, even Gomis and Lisandro Lopes in a way- which they sold or will sell for a lot cheaper.

The club is also now listed on the stock market -which may have cost them some €- and the construction of a new stadium is constantly delayed by crazy NIMBY associations.

I didn't remember that Milan loss for a reason :ohhh: but that was painful. There was also that Tevez goal in the last few minutes the day Benzo scored between prime Ferdinand and Vidic :sadcam:
They were so close, it was frustrating.

And yeah Lyon made Lille a lot more richer than they were the past few years (Bastos, Keita, Bodmer, Abidal, Makoun, Puel :why:)
I was disappointed when they sold Bastos to Schalke because I liked him and thought he was a good player (he was already at Lille). But Gomis and Licha delivered ain't they ? They put a good numbers in the 4 past years, I don't think they frauded it up. Gourcuff on the other hand :patrice:

And ain't the new stadium a problem also because Gerland in downtown and OL-land (is it still that name ? :pachaha:) will be in the middle of nowhere ?

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
It really is a terrible move, he doesn't understand what he's getting into at all. This is definitely agent, manager, and other peoples who plan to benefit from this move work.

I like Bale as a player, one of the few players I like watching these days, I hope this move doesn't debacled(Emmit) his career.
We already know Ronaldo(his idol) doesn't want him at Madrid :heh:

@Liu Kang Egos are already hurt. They ask Ronaldo to comment about Bale. Dude said :
"I'm not qualified to talk about new players, but I'm very happy with the players the team already has.

"In terms of the transfer fee, you should speak to the coach [Carlo Ancelotti] and president [Florentino Perez] about that. I have my opinion, but I'm not going to reveal it in front of the cameras."

---

On JOrdi Alba : I can't stand this fukk nicca. Its like the moment ink dried up on his Barcelona contract, THE c*nt METER on this fukk nicca went up.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
About that Bale stuff, I can't believe Real agreed to pay higher than Cristiano's price.
Egos will be hurt.

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was disappointed when they sold Bastos to Schalke because I liked him and thought he was a good player (he was already at Lille). But Gomis and Licha delivered ain't they ? They put a good numbers in the 4 past years, I don't think they frauded it up. Gourcuff on the other hand :patrice:

Michel Bastos wasn't even sold to Schalke, he was there on a loan... He got traded this summer to a Emirates club for like 4M€ :shaq2:

Yeah I listed Licha, Gomis and Bastos more for the fact they got sold real cheap in comparison to what they were bought for -between 15 and 25 millions each.. Ain't no way Gomis will go for 15M this year or next year.

And ain't the new stadium a problem also because Gerland in downtown and OL-land (is it still that name ? :pachaha:) will be in the middle of nowhere ?

The new stadium is not that far away from Lyon, it's in the suburbs in Décines. They pretty much had to go there because the site they have in Gerland is too small for what they're shooting for...

No the construction has been delayed because the delusional inhabitants of the new site have been appealing against every decision along the way. The way they talk about their neighbourhood you would think it's Heaven on Earth when it's actually small suburban houses next to a freeway, an industrial area and a few fields. :bryan:

Search for "décines montout" in google maps if you want to have a look.

Edit: the stadium is still call OL Land (I think it was Stade des Lumières at some point...) but it will probably have some brand next to the name... like Hyundai OL Land :patrice:

Last edited: