Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Told you all Fener were shyt. :manny:

Never change Pen.

Ramadan Rambo :wow: That's my future United midfielder.
mark this down as the day that Bayern, Madrid, DC United, and the Manchester clubs all start watching him closely. Wot a playa. :whew:

Wumger, Madrid is not selling Benzema :comeon: :ufdup:

Rapinoe next to Alaba :bow::bow:
:ohhh::gladbron::pachaha:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Told you all Fener were shyt. :manny:

mark this down as the day that Bayern, Madrid, DC United, and the Manchester clubs all start watching him closely. Wot a playa. :whew:

Wumger, Madrid is not selling Benzema :comeon: :ufdup:

:ohhh::gladbron::pachaha:

:dead:

They briefed the papers, Arsenal are never this open with transfer news. Well the smart ones, Gazidis :snoop:

Sounds like a smokescreen or just bs.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:dead:

They briefed the papers, Arsenal are never this open with transfer news. Well the smart ones, Gazidis :snoop:

Sounds like a smokescreen or just bs.
i wouldnt even want that clown. Such a fraud player.

Id actually take Di Maria over that guy, especially since I know Wumger would indulge him and let him play the false winger position.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
i wouldnt even want that clown. Such a fraud player.

Id actually take Di Maria over that guy, especially since I know Wumger would indulge him and let him play the false winger position.

Wenger's head isn't that gone plus Benzema was just about to resign with Madrid.

I think it's Ozil.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still love Wenger for one reason, the man is a fukking survivor. He'll find a way out of this mess he created.

For some reason, this situation Arsenal are in, doesn't worry me. Cause unlike most of your, I saw this coming a good 4 years ago. But it's still not as bad I thought it was gonna be, Wenger will find his way out of this, and fix shyt.

The man got luck on his side, he picked the right time to fukk up.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't understand this Bale to Madrid thing for both sides.

How can Bale or the Madrid front office Mafia think that they are gonna get the Bale of last season, with him playing alongside Cristiano?:mindblown:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
BSEOz40IgAAlTx8.jpg:large

:popcorn:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I really don't understand this Bale to Madrid thing for both sides.

How can Bale or the Madrid front office Mafia think that they are gonna get the Bale of last season, with him playing alongside Cristiano?:mindblown:

It's been reported by a few journos that this is not a football signing. It's just an ego signing for Real.

LLMR

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You lyonese ? :pachaha:

:to:

But seriously top 5 is garanteed. On the long run, L1 is poor outsise Paris, Monaco, Marseille and maybe St-Etienne (I'm not even counting Lille anymore and they have their new stadium for a year now :pachaha:)
You'll be alright. It's a shme what Lyon have become because they were honestly a top 5 team in Europe around 2004/2008 (that Essien/Diarra/Juninho midfield :lawd:) but they always lacked a great striker and often lost against the CL winner (Porto in 04, United in 08, Barça in 09). And 2005 when they lost against PSV were the one they really could have won. If Benzema was 2 years older, I'm pretty sure, they would have had a CL final.
I still remember the epic matches against Madrid (Carew :lawd: Fred :lawd:)

I am pretty sure a middle-of-the-road team can make a miraculous run in February/March and knock Lyon off the Top 5... The worst would be of course St Etienne finishing higher than Lyon but that's a pretty strong probability.

As for the epic fails in the CL in the 2000's you forgot the best one...

What happened to all the money they got from selling players and also the scouting department that always found replacements. Porto has a similar thing going for them but they have managed to get talent and replace players they sell.

What happened is at one point they overpayed for shytty players -Keita, Bodmer, Ally Cissokho- and for players who never really lived up to their hype -Michel Bastos, Gourcuff, even Gomis and Lisandro Lopes in a way- which they sold or will sell for a lot cheaper.

The club is also now listed on the stock market -which may have cost them some €- and the construction of a new stadium is constantly delayed by crazy NIMBY associations.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been reported by a few journos that this is not a football signing. It's just an ego signing for Real.

It has to be the case, because it doesn't make any sense. They really are a tacky club. fukk, they're even playing a fukking friendly in the middle of their season.

I really don't get, what people find so prestigious about them. They are old money that acts like crass new money, they are like the fukking Kardashians and Jersey Shore of Old money football.