Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
while i wont defend his performance or any other time he dives, he has great technical ability and if you ever saw him play for city you would know. he isnt the greatest free kick taker, but he is pretty damn solid. and who else would you really want taking those free kicks other than maybe montolivo
I've seen a glimpse of it when he was in city, hell even when at Inter, but it's just too frustrating watching him I guess.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
tumblr_mn898ubIxp1qaorn7o1_500.gif

Levy da gawd got the tottenham staff going crazy.

rumours bale £93m to madrid is very very close

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This article on the Guardian about Football Manager and its obsessed fans is:russ:Dudes in the comments section talking about wearing suits and shaking door knobs in an FM FA cup final and failing entire semesters.

Fans of Football Manager are like members of a cult," Jacobson says. "But it's a very big cult and one that is growing all the time. Dads who played the original games are introducing it to their children while big brothers are doing the same with their siblings. Football Manager 2013, our most recent game, has been our most successful to date – 1.2 million copies sold on PC and Mac and over 10 million illegal downloads in the past year. The interest is growing, which for a game that's been around for over 20 years is remarkable."

The first Football Manager came out in 1992, and back then was known as Championship Manager. The premise was a simple one – allow the user to manage any club across England's top four divisions in an authentic a way as possible. That meant buying and selling players, picking a team and their tactics for league and cup fixtures and, if the opportunity presented itself, the chance to move on to a big and better job.]

Among the advancements are up to 10 new player-roles, including a shadow striker and a regista ("a deeper deep-lying playmaker"), individual player-instructions, a revamped "live" transfer system and even the option of offering long-serving squad members a testimonial.

[QUOTESI's biggest claim to fame is that it was us who first found out about Lionel Messi," Jacobson says. "He was playing for Barcelona B at the time and Alex McLeish tells a story of when, during his time as Rangers manager, his son came up to him and said he should sign this amazing young forward called Messi who he'd come across on Football Manager. McLeish said he'd never heard of him and forgot about the whole thing. The rest is history."][/QUOTE]

It has been during his time in charge of Blyth that Jameson has displayed the kind of obsessive-bordering-on-mentally-unstable behaviour that separates a casual Football Manager player from a genuine addict. "The worst it got was probably when I reacted to getting a touchline ban by playing the game from outside my room," he says. "I hit start, left the room, came in again at half-time, hit start and left again. It was a Champions League tie against Espanyol. We lost 1-0."

We heard some horror stories," he says. "There was the student whose friends staged an intervention, holding him down and smashing the disk in front of him, and then the chap, another journalist, whose wife found him sat with his head in his hands in the kitchen late one night. 'What's wrong?' she said. 'I've been sacked,' he mumbled. His wife burst into tears. She was pregnant, they'd just taken out a mortgage, she was terrified for their future. It took him several minutes to clarify that he'd only been sacked on a computer game, not in real life."

[QUOTEMacintosh himself once wore a suit and played Abide With Me through Spotify before managing a team in an FA Cup final and ultimately a simple question has to be asked – why have so many people become so obsessed with Football Manager? So much so that it was cited as the cause in 35 divorce cases last year.][/QUOTE]

It's a basic concept executed fantastically well and as the game has become more in-depth and detailed the more people who play it have been able to engross themselves in the art of management. There is a genuine sense of achievement when, for instance, you complete your first giant-killing in the FA Cup despite the fact that essentially all you've done is defeated a load of pixels on a giant spreadsheet."

Cee2

Pro
Daps
:manny: vicente had a 170mill release clause when he was at valencia

ronaldo has a €1 billion release clause :obama:

bale is good but ronaldo went for £80mil no one was really complaining undisputed number 1 at one point

bale aint even top 10 right now

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
@TTT im a big FM fan.

Ive never suited up but i know a couple people who have before lol

it definitely had something to do with me failing one year of college aswell tbh :manny:

on the sigames forum ive seen men who have blamed it on their divorce or problems with their wives :lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: TTT