Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Here are my thoughts to the USA/CR game.

The USA did ok considering that CR played 5 in the back for most of the match.

I don't hold anything against Wondo for not scoring against CR. CR did everything they could to slow him and the US attack down. I still prefer Wondo over Gomez.

Did Anyone notice Herculez Gomez NOT get a touch for last 20 minutes of the game.

Donovan is Donovan

I'm glad that Shea got his goal(that was badly taken but still went in), but the reality is that his quality has taken a permanent dip due to injury. When I was watching him make his run toward goal, he looks like a 400lb fat kid trying to run the 40 in under 6 seconds. He should have been closed down. He has a new coach at Stoke that he has to impress.. I doubt he plays a match for them.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
HfyM3xT.gif

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
miklagard | Soccer Forum | BigSoccer

This is Mix's bigsoccer account he's had for years.

His posts are :wow:

he's like an articulate art barr with impeccable hair and classy references :wow:

I should not play anyone but Guatemalans - if people here threaten to change this title or this thread.
Within and between these posts lies my life as you and I have played it since way back when Mr. Rongen interrupted my corner kick.
You have made me smile when I should have cried, and made me laugh when I could have screamed.
You are part of a decision, part of a winning team, part of insanity, and part of this corny and crazy bigsoccerworld that is a far cry from reality - far. Why do we need to correct things that will not improve by being corrected?
Paradise prison is not a correctional institute.
And the fat lady is not really gonna sing, is she?
In theory, you are all were you wanna be.
But I want you with me - still - my way.

We shouldn't "thrash" Belize. We should welcome them, and make them go home with pride - and determination to put up an even better fight next time around. We should let them evolve in CONCACAF and elsewere. An achievement for them to have made it so far. What is "automatic" to us, is definitely not "automatiqe" to them (and they really made great efforts and "earned" their spot this time around). So they might even think it is a little more than unfair that we have the home field advantage and close to one hundred times more men to select from.
You have already made a great tribute to me. Thanks a lot. I wish a lot of you also could make tribute to the efforts you will see from Benny Crespin. I wish he really makes an impact in any of the games he is about to play. He is a gooood guy. And on the field, -seen him read plays?

Give all your children a hug - you could tell them it is from me - but then don't squeeze them to much. They don't like that. Let them be in control.:smile: - if so, I promise you I'll be smiling and in control too - either on the pitch, on the bench or as a cheering supporter in a seat when we take on Belize.

this post is very long but it's a summary of everything playing for the USA has done in his life

Regarding the thread title:
I guess I still can.
Hopefully for not much longer – but you never know.
Rosenborg wants me to come back. Several unfortunate injuries, card situations, important Europa League qualifiers, and the fight for Tippeligaen medals -- are all arguments I hear every time I pick up the phone.
The new players I have met here are privately super nice, that is outstanding given the fact that we also must and should be very competitive both as a group and as individuals. It is really fantastic fun to be here, and everyone else around us are just nice and supportive. These days will be stored on my mental hard disk.
I haven't gotten to play much with the USMNT. So I guess I am considered by most fans as an inexperienced newbie. Four games. Only one as a starter, and two as a the very last sub.
But in my mind it is different. When I tell myself the story or relationship I have with ussoccer it is told differently. And I am very proud of it – regardless of any future of being cap-tied or not.
This is how the story goes in my head – and I don't mind sharing it with you – the few, the unbowed, the obscenes :smile:) :

I have played for the big USA, and never lost any of those games.
I have received call ups from four different US coaches. (two of them USMNT)
I have scored a goal myself, and I have even contributed somewhat to two goal scoring record breakers -- the youngest USMNT scorer ever, and the most-scoring USMNT scorer ever.
I got to represent our sport and our nation when meeting Nelson Mandela to receive a perspective on what our sport have accomplished and may accomplish.
I got to be be a part of the squad that was to face Argentina and the worlds best "footballer" at the time. (I was there - doesn't matter that I didn't get to play – cause men – more experienced than me - went out and tied them regardless)
I haven't let anyone else "dominate" the internal ping pong competitions, nor wipe a smile or grin off my face.
I allegedly have caused Putin to spill coffee on his tie – when we, late and suddenly, made another tie.

On the youth- and olympic teams:
8. I have made friends – lasting friendships.
9. I got to go to the FIFA U20 WC.
10. I got to score a game winner against Egypt in front of the biggest and craziest crowd I have experienced.
11. I got to carry the US captain's armband in a friendly in latin america.
12. I was a part of the last team (and maybe only team) to beat Mexico before they went on to become Olympic Champions. (I even got to score).
13. I got to tease and surprise ussoccer when I played for Norway in a game against USA. And where we won. (I mean Norway. It happened in Portugal – and it was luckily - just a "friendly")
The only regret I have, is that I have strictly followed the recommended diets in all these camps, and only one time snuck out to Taco Bell.
Bulk up – they say. Without Taco Bell – that is easier said than done.
So if/when it is all over – what will "shine" in my memory – well….. that's Mandela, the armband and that incredibly jucy bite of a Taco Bellbean burrito while waiting for the taco of my choice – which I had to argue hard and tip heavily for.
A minute is all it takes now.
Sorry, but I am still in a mix of mixed emotions and feelings – I woke up in the middle of the night wearing a lot of red, white and blue. As if that mix of colors was any comforting help from my subconscious mind.
Well, I just want to say it to you too - Norway has been good to me. Go visit. In many ways it is probably more like Belize. We have a King, where we have a President. The King isn't as powerful and famous as the Queen that heads Belize. I should leave the thread to you for quite a while. I should dream of Belize and Gold Cup now. Or of Horton from Whoville regarding their seize or size of queen.
I can now go meet people that love the same thing I love. In that way I know that I am fortunate – either way. Some considers it "blessed".
So……http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZWBw_gupXE, where do I go from here?

this man :bow:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
miklagard | Soccer Forum | BigSoccer

This is Mix's bigsoccer account he's had for years.

His posts are :wow:

he's like an articulate art barr with impeccable hair and classy references :wow:

this post is very long but it's a summary of everything playing for the USA has done in his life

this man :bow:
Art Barr gave that sequence of posts a thorough :whoa:

Public schools failed Art, what exactly is Mix's reason? :usure:

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah because before the cash injection, Monaco was a tampon stash :usure: Whats not to rep? we got yachts, formula 1 and sun. what you got?

In 24 months lets compare trophy hauls :laff:

Falcao is probably worth more than Arsenals whole squad :laff:

Wilshere is shytttt :laff:

Anyway im back in London in a week. Let me know if you wanna get punched up :popcorn:

That is kind of predictable response i respect from a johnny come lately like you. You sound about 12.

Im not talking about Monaco the place you prat, im talking about your suspect reasons for supporting them.

But since you wanna talk about my club and the fact i am a soft as shyte fan, lets talk about yours. Your highest attendance last season was 6,100. Add another 0 to that and then you can talk about our fans.

Monaco is a fantastic place, but people dont give a f*ck about the team. Props to the true fans tho, but its little f*ckle fans like you who jump on the bandwagon because they signed Falco:snoop:

You dont give a f*ck about Monaco, i pulled your hoe card from your very first post to me. From the content of your posts, it sounds like you know f*ck all about football.

Just stop it you bandwagon f*ck, it's embarrassing.

You wanna see me, im at every Arsenal home game f*ckboy. But lets not pretend your about that life over the internet

f*ck outta here

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
A fitting logo for a :trash: club that lacks history or supporters that backed them before they could afford to buy trophies.
:beli:

I'm no PSG fan but everyone knows that 93/97 PSG was a great team.
They reached 3 C1 semis in a row beating Real, Napoli, Barça or Bayern while doing so.
They won the C2 (but always failed at the penultimate stepin the C1) but let's not say they were unknown in the european scene before the Qatar money came.
They had great players like Weah, Raï, Valdo, Ginola, Djorkaeff, Lama, Susic and such. Pretty sure the older heads in OFT can vouch. Hell, it was even Ronaldinho's first european club before he went to Barça.
And PSG supporters BEEN known in Europe (Parc des Princes' atmosphere always been praised even if their supps were also known for hooliganism)

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: You can keep that soft snitch in France.
I'm sure Wenger can rebuild his confidence. If he puts him in the same role as Cesc used to be, he will rose again (I hope so)... because '09 Gourcuff was seriously beasting.

[ame=http://youtu.be/2rtN5lHCCC8]but magique yohann gourcuff..... - YouTube[/ame]

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:beli:

I'm no PSG fan but everyone knows that 93/97 PSG was a great team.
They reached 3 C1 semis in a row beating Real, Napoli, Barça or Bayern while doing so.
They won the C2 (but always failed at the penultimate stepin the C1) but let's not say they were unknown in the european scene before the Qatar money came.
They had great players like Weah, Raï, Valdo, Ginola, Djorkaeff, Lama, Susic and such. Pretty sure the older heads in OFT can vouch. Hell, it was even Ronaldinho's first european club before he went to Barça.
And PSG supporters BEEN known in Europe (Parc des Princes' atmosphere always been praised even if their supps were also known for hooliganism)

Don't forget the most entertaining player to ever play for the club:

NikeJayJay.jpg