Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
his injurie problems back in the days were all his fault according to him..he said he wasnt taking care of himself properly, missing practices,out partying and he was also soft as you mentioned...he was not liked in Uruguay till like the last year or 2 once he started playing for my team and he has matured and stopped being all uppity and snobby( which he was before even tho he never won anything,was always injured and threw all his talent away when he could have been one of the greatest players of the late 90's,2000's and one of the greatest Uruguayan players ever):damn:

Riquelme just didnt like the European scene and wasnt giving a fukk at all except one year or 2 when he played for Villareal..he was loved and revered in argentina so he felt more "safe" at home and confortable and gave a fukk about football cuz Boca was his team since he was a kid

I thought that might of been the case, with him being South Americans (plus he had the money as he was the highest paid player for a while) and all that :skip:, theres jsut no way someone can be that unlucky like Real Ronaldo was, his tale sounds much like Patos Milan career. A

Recoba's debuts goals for Inter upstaging Real Rons debut for Inter made me a fan instantly, especially as I was a left footer aswell. After Enzo hes probably the most talented player I've seen from your neck of the woods

Riquelme could only play in position and one formation, which left the team pretty fukked. He was way too up and down in his career, like you said he had a good 1-2 years in Europe. 2007 was probably his best year for the Argentina NT team but all I remember from the world cup qualification for 2010 was him killing every counter attack like Gervinho does for Arsenal, everything was done too much at his own pace, when he needed to play it quicker. Also im not sure if he was really a big game player, because he always seemed to go missing when his teams needed it most. Might of been different when he went back to Boca, but goin off his Villarreal & Argentina career, felt he never really left his mark on those top games. i.e Missing the pen vs Arsenal in the 06 CL semis springs to mind

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Riquelme held it down for Argentina though, much was made out of his European club form but he was part of a very good Villareal team with Forlan. Argentina looked rudderless for a while without his presence in midfield, Banega,Pastore, and Gago did not provide what he did for the Argies in that 2005-2007 stretch. I think there was always something about Boca that brought the best out of him like when he went up against the Galacticos in that Inter-continental cup.

isn't Riquelme the dude who made that great assist and celebrated like he scored the goal. Only after he was done celebrating he went and congradulate his teammate(the one who actually scored the goal) and his teammate hit him with the :childplease: ....:laff:

talented player though.

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought that might of been the case, with him being South Americans (plus he had the money as he was the highest paid player for a while) and all that :skip:, theres jsut no way someone can be that unlucky like Real Ronaldo was, his tale sounds much like Patos Milan career. A

Recoba's debuts goals for Inter upstaging Real Rons debut for Inter made me a fan instantly, especially as I was a left footer aswell. After Enzo hes probably the most talented player I've seen from your neck of the woods

Riquelme could only play in position and one formation, which left the team pretty fukked. He was way too up and down in his career, like you said he had a good 1-2 years in Europe. 2007 was probably his best year for the Argentina NT team but all I remember from the world cup qualification for 2010 was him killing every counter attack like Gervinho does for Arsenal, everything was done too much at his own pace, when he needed to play it quicker. Also im not sure if he was really a big game player, because he always seemed to go missing when his teams needed it most. Might of been different when he went back to Boca, but goin off his Villarreal & Argentina career, felt he never really left his mark on those top games. i.e Missing the pen vs Arsenal in the 06 CL semis springs to mind

Recoba left foot is as good as anyones, his freekicks:lawd:

but the yea the breh liked the party life and wasnt about that professional football player life...Riquelme was always clutch for Boca but he didnt like the European professional footballer lifestyle, and plus he wasnt given a fair shake at Barca and was played out of position...as for him slowing down attacks you are right...in argentina/uruguay the classic [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 s[/URL] like him are supposed to give the team "pausa" (pause) and slow things down when they "feel" like it and to give the team a "breath" and change the "pace" of the game...like you said he is the type of player that needs a team built around him so they can play at his "pace" and him dictating everything..the game in Europe and even in south america now is too fast for that but Recoba has adapted unlike Riquelme and he drops way back and plays a regista type role where he either hits long ball to strikers/wingers or he keeps things ticking deep in midfield and gives a "clean" outball from the middle of the field...Riquelme doesnt do this as good either cuz he cant or cuz he just feels like playing a little further up the pitch as a classic #10

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
his injurie problems back in the days were all his fault according to him..he said he wasnt taking care of himself properly, missing practices,out partying and he was also soft as you mentioned...he was not liked in Uruguay till like the last year or 2 once he started playing for my team and he has matured and stopped being all uppity and snobby( which he was before even tho he never won anything,was always injured and threw all his talent away when he could have been one of the greatest players of the late 90's,2000's and one of the greatest Uruguayan players ever):damn:

Riquelme just didnt like the European scene and wasnt giving a fukk at all except one year or 2 when he played for Villareal..he was loved and revered in argentina so he felt more "safe" at home and confortable and gave a fukk about football cuz Boca was his team since he was a kid
Recoba :noah: used to go on to recoba.net to watch his free kicks :noah: i love that guy :to:

EDIT: The years he played for Inter were :whoo: everybody on that team was left footed :heh: Adriano , Him, Cordoba, Martins, Vieri , Materrazi etc

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Recoba left foot is as good as anyones, his freekicks:lawd:

but the yea the breh liked the party life and wasnt about that professional football player life...Riquelme was always clutch for Boca but he didnt like the European professional footballer lifestyle, and plus he wasnt given a fair shake at Barca and was played out of position...as for him slowing down attacks you are right...in argentina/uruguay the classic [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=10]#10 s[/URL] like him are supposed to give the team "pausa" (pause) and slow things down when they "feel" like it and to give the team a "breath" and change the "pace" of the game...like you said he is the type of player that needs a team built around him so they can play at his "pace" and him dictating everything..the game in Europe and even in south america now is too fast for that but Recoba has adapted unlike Riquelme and he drops way back and plays a regista type role where he either hits long ball to strikers/wingers or he keeps things ticking deep in midfield and gives a "clean" outball from the middle of the field...Riquelme doesnt do this as good either cuz he cant or cuz he just feels like playing a little further up the pitch as a classic #10

Riquelme was bought in to replace Rivaldo, big fukkin ask to do especially with Barca on the decline/turmoil back in those days, they were a 1 man team at times when he was there even tho the squad was still good. Then again that era was also the last time La Liga was unpredictable. But i will say when Riquelme was on :ohlawd: lovely player to watch.

Recoba was very unlucky they he came on the scene, the Uruguay older generation were coming to an end and there was no-one else really good like there were in the previous generation in his peak to help him and was too old/injured by the time there were more better players around in what the mid 00's

Bales left does remind me of Recobas especially the range they have

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
tactics were spot on until Nani got sent off.[...]
That was not my question. I just asked why he wasn't the first option given the talent of dude.
But looks like his paperworks may be filled soon so...

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Riquelme was bought in to replace Rivaldo, big fukkin ask to do especially with Barca on the decline/turmoil back in those days, they were a 1 man team at times when he was there even tho the squad was still good. Then again that era was also the last time La Liga was unpredictable. But i will say when Riquelme was on :ohlawd: lovely player to watch.

Recoba was very unlucky they he came on the scene, the Uruguay older generation were coming to an end and there was no-one else really good like there were in the previous generation in his peak to help him and was too old/injured by the time there were more better players around in what the mid 00's

Bales left does remind me of Recobas especially the range they have

yur right about the recoba/generation thing...he kinda came up at the wrong time in the worst era football wise for uruguay..he missed out on the late 80's' early 90's generation where there were plenty of talented players (enzo,fonseca, ruben sosa,pato aguilera,Ruben Paz, Gus Poyet)..his generation was very crappy and uruguay was going through a transitional period...

imagine him playing in the hole or out in the left with Cavani and Suarez upfront:ohlawd:

the only Uruguayan player ive seen with such a great left foot was Ruben Sosa (you should know him he was a beast and one of the best support strikers in italy in the late 80's/early 90's with Lazio and Inter)

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
730ccef22833bb9bba9732966aa4608c_large

:blessed:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
yur right about the recoba/generation thing...he kinda came up at the wrong time in the worst era football wise for uruguay..he missed out on the late 80's' early 90's generation where there were plenty of talented players (enzo,fonseca, ruben sosa,pato aguilera,Ruben Paz, Gus Poyet)..his generation was very crappy and uruguay was going through a transitional period...

imagine him playing in the hole or out in the left with Cavani and Suarez upfront:ohlawd:

the only Uruguayan player ive seen with such a great left foot was Ruben Sosa (you should know him he was a beast and one of the best support strikers in italy in the late 80's/early 90's with Lazio and Inter)

:whoo: as in Carlos? The ex Genoa forward?

If Recoba was 10 years younger and lived the life of a saint he would be your best player now. I remember the days when he use to play for the NT when he was half fit he would beat 3-4 players then have a 40 yard shot :ohlawd: :russ: when he was rockin the skinhead, he looked :flabbynsick:

I remember Sosa, :whew: he left peg was :lawd: his pace was electric as well. But I think Sosas left was probably more about power and accuracy then having any actual finesse to it like Recobas has, thats why hes a better passer of the ball than Sosa was.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Some girl just flipped with me on facebook.

She said "Bored now, toddle off"

i said "Me too, waddle off you fat whore"

#LAD :smug: