Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How does England feel about Southgate now? Outisde of the dissappointment of losing two finals. He took England to both of them.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
How does England feel about Southgate now? Outisde of the dissappointment of losing two finals. He took England to both of them.
As a whole he's seen over here as too negative and lacking the tactical game to beat the best teams.

He has had very generous draws every comp

Imo with the depth and attacking players England have they should be playing attacking football

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Southgate should be able to foster a happy environment at UTDn where he can get the best outta players like Rashford, Sancho and Maguire. Also not to forget, mans a smooth media operator :ohlawd:Should be enjoyable to watch:wow:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

So if this goes through (1% faith) I guess the De Ligt deal breaks down?

Ornstein mentioned we’re going for Yoro or De Ligt, not both at the same time.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I'm glad his reign of terrorism is over. He done a good job but ultimately for all his good work on culture and team building out of his depth with in-game management.

Spent 8 years in a job and the players still play like strangers when it comes to passing and movements. Never learnt how to take the initiative in a game and always waited too long before reacting.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
People on the coli say the same thing the argentines were singing all the time though

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
People on the coli say the same thing the argentines were singing all the time though
I am pretty sure it was not in a derogatory way, more so commenting on the fact than using it as an insult to not only the players but to the country they live in. It is different to bring it up when speaking about the composition of the team and how they get unfairly scrutinized vs singing a song trolling the racial dynamics.

"Listen, spread the word;
They play in France, but they are all from Angola;
How nice it is! They are going to run;
They are 'cometravas'* like fukking Mbappé;
Their mom is Nigerian;
Their dad, Cameroonian.
But in the document ...Nationality: French"
Why would they even sing that song if they just played Colombia, i did not know they had French players in the squad? :jbhmm:

Daps
Finally the gods have answered my prayers :blessed:

Thank Allah, thank Buddha , thank Jesus :blessed:

Thank them all

Good riddance :camby:

no doubt we will still have another 30 years of hurt with the Jules Rimet still gleaming

But at least it won't be so painful to watch and I can go back to enjoying watching England play

just 1 more prayer to be answered but won't go into that just yet as don't want to be negged, I ain't got the rep for it :russ:

Some fans are starting to realise their worst nightmare is going to come true