Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Zirkzee ain’t the one imo but very happy to be wrong. I’d rather Ollie Watkins but I understand that would be very expensive.

Ugarte I’m very excited about. De ligt could be interesting

Zirkzee is gonna do well. He is a replacement for missing out on gakpo. Someone to better connect up the attack.

Ugarte is a limited player. He reminds me of Minamino at pool. I don't think his recovery pace/sense is that good.

We want to play a high line and so need speed. We are rumoured to be looking at (fast) Ferdi Kadıoğlu which is great.

De Ligt is almost like a slightly bigger, slightly worse passing martinez.

I'd prefer Yoro and a branthwaite type (tall, strong, fast-ish) with better feet (e.g. botman).

De Light has all the personality advantages but we have that with martinez already.

edit:

ugarte video

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Zirkzee is gonna do well. He is a replacement for missing out on gakpo. Someone to better connect up the attack.
He’s a great team player, yes, but clinical ability is lacking. If we move to a goals by committee model we’ll be fine.
Ugarte is a limited player. He reminds me of Minamino at pool. I don't think his recovery pace/sense is that good.
I think Ugarte will be mint for us. We badly need tenacity and bite in the middle of the park.

De Ligt is almost like a slightly bigger, slightly worse passing martinez.

I'd prefer Yoro and a branthwaite type (tall, strong, fast-ish) with better feet (e.g. botman).
De ligt is an upgrade on Lindelof and Harry so that’s fine.

Yoro wants to go to Los Negros, I mean Los Blancos so there’s that. I’d have preferred him, too.

Braithwaithe is English hype all over again. Pass

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I think Ugarte will be mint for us. We badly need tenacity and bite in the middle of the park.

he will be slow tracking back, will not have a physical advantage in the prem and won't contribute much going forwards.

i'd take more of an all rounder instead like guimaraes / carrick-type.