Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
smh @ all the balloon d'or contenders frauding it up this week :snoop:

Jude and Mbappe really fell hand big time. QFs onwards is when it gets real in UCL.

if barca eliminates psg, i'm 100% rooting for them and xavi to go all the way
Only way I can root for Barca is if they have to face Pep in the final. But ima need Vini and crew to raise their games at the Ethiad.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I just know they’re doing it based on something they read from the rule books. Wait till they meet and ignorant referee :russ:

And mind you, all of these had the keeper giving it to the defender with his hand.. in the Bayern one, he literally kicks the ball to Gabriel
Yup, Keeper lost concentration there.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Yup, Keeper lost concentration there.
Idk what football fans think will happen if they just speak the truth. Acting like they’re on the clubs payroll

Had Madrid fans denying the cheating that went on in that game against Bayern, and Marcelo recently comes out to admit that Ronaldo goal was offside

Daps
Removing the away goal rule is the best thing that has happened to CL football. Teams can no longer afford to just sit back and hold leads. Makes for way more entertaining games.
Nah I disagree, worst thing they could have done taking away the away goal rule

They have now completely got rid of the nerve racking excitement you get in the 2nd legs and the consequences you get from the 1st leg by taking away the away goal rule

We had 10 goals scored on Tuesday and not 1 of them goals mean anything now, both games might as well ended 0-0 because they are now both going into the 2nd leg as if the score was 0-0 instead of the score being either 2-2 or 3-3 which would have meant alot more to the likes of Bayern or City

It doesn't matter how they play all the goal kicks, it's a blatant penalty, more of a penalty than Saka's one in the last minute

If you pick the ball up when the ref has blown his whistle to start play again because you are not paying attention to what's going on then thats on you, and it's a foul or a penalty

Arsenal got very lucky there and would have made the score 3-1 which they might not have been able to come back from

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Audio of Sánchez discussing the confrontation leaked through Fox Sports MX. “The dwarf was possessed, he had the face of the devil,” Sánchez said.

“He put his fist next to my face and says: ‘Who do you think you are?’ But because I didn’t look at him, I was looking away, I never answered back, it made things worse.

“And Tata Martino, what a poor dummy, I had him in front of me telling me: ‘Fool, you going to cry? Fool you going to cry?’ What a dummy! All those videos, they probably erased them all because it leaves them looking bad. What they did was really serious. They want to dirty the pitch.”

This was after the first match :mjlol: