Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
:whoa:
who can you replace him with?

Im sure the board lost some faith after this Havertz debacle
But lets see if they can get some players this january and how the team will perform going foward

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

But lets see if they can get some players this january and how the team will perform going foward
Doesn't Edu also get some blame for Havertz? He got a lot of credit for the good signings.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
So what do arsenal fans think of Havertz. is he still a gem that chelsea misused or :sas2:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
He isn't a fukking number 9. Arteta is an idiot.
I don't think he was brought in to play number 9.

I mean, I understand the questioning of who to replace him with, but I don't see anything that suggests we're going to get enough points in the latter half of the season to get the title. But I have seen Arteta's team has a rough patch in them each season. And then he doesn't seem to get far in cup competitions, with part of it being because "we have bigger fish to fry". He might just be unfortunate that Klopp and Pep are in these league, but I can't see him getting us to that final stage. I don't mind him staying if we have to wait for the perfect manager, but if he stays, my expectations from him are not a trophy, but we need some.

Also, he seems not to want to give academy players any game time, even in the early stages of cup competitions

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
He isn't a fukking number 9. Arteta is an idiot.
So Arteta is misusing him as well is what you are saying
He has played multiple positions for Arsenal this season though including his best position and that hasn't made any difference

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I was watching the match in a bar and I knew we were gonna lose when we had all that dominance and couldn’t create a clear cut chance. We’re prone to counter attacks and set pieces when we’re chasing a goal :manny:

Arteta’s in game (and general squad) management needs to be a lot better. Subbing off Nelson instead of Saka was ridiculous and not utilizing the bench until the 80th minute was ridiculous. He should have brought on Nketiah, Troussard & ESR a lot sooner because Jorginho wasn’t needed on the pitch as the midfield battle wasn’t really prevalent today.

I’m not gonna say #ArtetaOut but there needs to be clear improvement going forward. Our lack of cutting edge in the final third is gonna be the reason we fall off this season.