Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
We really should be up 1 or 2 goals against Saudi...Lookman and Chuwkwueze have been wasteful. Again, go to a back 3 if the wings aren't giving enough joy

Boniface is the real deal. Guy dey BALL

Bro look at the goal they just scored. Forget midfield and defense…we need a solid GK ASAP. We’re conceding soft goals man

WCQ against Ghana and AFCON R16 against Tunisia…

Good play from the boys but we really should have held out for the win. Conceding 2 cheap FK goals is never ideal but we were far to wasteful with our chances.

Uzoho needs to be dropped as does Chukwueze. Osimhen, Boniface and one of Taiwo/Moffi should be our striking options. Sadiq is not cut out for the SE and he's not in form right now.

J Pes needs to experiment a lot more during these friendlies. Try capping guys that haven't played before or try out new systems. Onyeka and Onyedika need to be seeing more minutes. You have up to 5 subs, use them well. Guys like Nwankwali should be given a look over Aribo who can't even get minutes in the championship.

Anyway, lets see how things go with Mozambique, but J Pes is not giving me confidence we can go to AFCON and bring back the 4th trophy. His tactics and in-game management are terrible. We have a squad that can win, but the tactics aren't there.
I had to miss the game :sadcam:

Chuk my guy but he just flatters to deceive way too often, Vic and Boniface upfront is some serious firepower, with you 100% on the midfield, it’s a joke the dead rubber and today haven’t been used to experiment, yes Onyeka started against Sao Tome, Onyedika got what 10 minutes or so against them and neither play today :why:

I was actually pretty encouraged from the first couple matches and some promising signs but it’s not been great. But we both know the NFF want a yes man and not a serious manager :manny:

Nah man, Uzoho needs to go...this simply isn't good enough. Bench player in Cyprus???

I can’t defend that :manny: who else is there Okoye :scust: no thanks :hhh: