Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I have us, Ivory Coast, Egypt, Cape Verde, Worst Jollef in the World, Senegal, Cameroon, Guinea, Algeria, Burkina Faso, Mali, Tunisia, South Africa, Zambia, Morocco and DR Congo as your last 16 :hubie:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Group A:

🇨🇮 Ivory Coast
🇳🇬 Nigeria
🇬🇶 Equatorial Guinea
🇬🇼 Guinea-Bissau

Nigeria should qualify out of the group with no qualms. Need to top the group though.

I wish we scheduled a friendly with B.Faso or Tunisia. Not really feeling Saudi or Mozambique for preparation…
I had a feeling we would draw 1 of the 2 minor Guineas, we drew both :mjlol: the group needs won I’m accepting nothing less :birdman:

For sure could have scheduled higher quality opposition, I’m just glad we got 2 friendlies on the board it’s progress :mjcry:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I tell you. Last Int’l break we only played our dead rubber AFCONQ match and no subsequent friendly…terrible planning.
Criminal we didn’t have a friendly scheduled, along with the Peseiro will he won’t he be in charge, usual NFF shambles :snoop:

We got to take them blessings as they come and we both know if we have a 100% Big Vic we won’t be stopped :blessed:

Daps
I had a feeling we would draw 1 of the 2 minor Guineas, we drew both :mjlol: the group needs won I’m accepting nothing less :birdman:

For sure could have scheduled higher quality opposition, I’m just glad we got 2 friendlies on the board it’s progress :mjcry:
I was looking at your recent call-ups. You guys are WILDLY top heavy..... no keeper, defenders or proper mids.....only forwards the most you could escape doing is putting Lookman and Chukweze out wide and then Osihmen and somebody else up top, but damn the choices for the second striker are crazy from young Orban to "vet" Kalechi.... big problems

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I was looking at your recent call-ups. You guys are WILDLY top heavy..... no keeper, defenders or proper mids.....only forwards the most you could escape doing is putting Lookman and Chukweze out wide and then Osihmen and somebody else up top, but damn the choices for the second striker are crazy from young Orban to "vet" Kalechi.... big problems

Yep, we’re like the Argentina of the late 00’s early 10’s. Lots of forwards but not enough in the middle or back of the park.

I think we should move to a 3-5-2 to accommodate for the lack of defensive solidity. We have the WBs and forwards to make it work.

Daps
Yep, we’re like the Argentina of the late 00’s early 10’s. Lots of forwards but not enough in the middle or back of the park.

I think we should move to a 3-5-2 to accommodate for the lack of defensive solidity. We have the WBs and forwards to make it work.
When I was looking at the list Inwas thinking the same. Your best defense is offense and getting all that firepower to work together. Cause Bassey being the pillar of the defense is problematic... :francis:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
You and everyone else finna put some respek on Francis’ name and I will fight anyone saying he’s not a top level keeper :ufdup:

Ola, Zaidu, we might really have 1 in Fredrick, he soon come :wow: I’m not overly worried about our defense we looking fine.

We heavy af upfront and it’s the wrong nikkas getting play and call-ups :francis:

The real issue is our midfield as you rightly mention :sadcam:

Daps
You and everyone else finna put some respek on Francis’ name and I will fight anyone saying he’s not a top level keeper :ufdup:

Ola, Zaidu, we might really have 1 in Fredrick, he soon come :wow: I’m not overly worried about our defense we looking fine.

We heavy af upfront and it’s the wrong nikkas getting play and call-ups :francis:

The real issue is our midfield as you rightly mention :sadcam:
:hubie: ...... maybe he is a Peter Rufai or Enyema... I haven't seen enough of him... I'll leave it to you Naija men to know

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
When I was looking at the list Inwas thinking the same. Your best defense is offense and getting all that firepower to work together. Cause Bassey being the pillar of the defense is problematic... :francis:
I tell you man.

If only two of our strikers could shape-shift into a defender and a creative midfielder of similar quality….

Hence why I’m saying let’s go 3-5-2 to shore up the back.

Osimhen and Boniface up top with Boniface more of a SS.

Aina / Osayi / Sansui on the WBs.

Ndidi / Iwobi / Onyeka in the middle of the park with Iwobi playin as a 10.

Back 3 of Bassey, Ajayi and Ekong?