Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Maybe I'm still too old school in my thinking but I think they would benefit from having a different profile player in the team. But it seems like these days managers have a set style of playing and everything else is a non-starter.

As far as mentality you're 100% right he will eventually end up sulking no matter where he goes. But I'm thinking going from Chelsea to Arsenal would light a fire under his ass at least for a season. Kind of like Adebayor in his first season at Spurs after doing nothing at City and Madrid.

I really don't understand paying that money for Kai Havertz, it makes even less sense than United paying 65m for Mount.

Arsenal could do with a big/tall striker but not a limited poacher like Lukaku. Scamacca fits the profile but between him not seeing West Ham as platform to showcase himself and Moyes being Moyes. These type of striker aren't about. And the only other tallish striker that would fit Arsenal is Ramos. But Mendes has his pipeline to Paris and I'm not sure if Arsenal want to work with the superagents on big transfers like that.

Havmomentz has size (which Arteta values) :dame: and good movement. Havmomentz is suppose to be the Box crasher and the SS for transtions which should suit him

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
@nyknick all your Lukaku jokes coming back to bite you :blessed: :umad:

Sadly this is the best case scenario for Roma with FPP restrictions. Things are so bad at Roma that fans showed up at the airport yesterday to welcome a striker who scored 5 goals in 44 matches for Bayer Leverkusen :dead:

Tried to sign Scamacca from West Ham, he's a Roma youth product and wanted to come back together with his friend and other Roma youth product Frattesi. Lost out on both players.

Tried to sign Morata, had Dybala butter him up and ready to join Roma but a 20m release clause was too high for Roma and they tried to get Atletico to lower it. So that fell through.

Tried to buy Marcos Leandro, agreed terms with the player, he refused to play or train for Santos but Roma couldn't come up with a payment before December. So somebody else will probably buy him in January.

Couldn't even get 32 year old Duvan Zapata, who scored only 2 goals last season, from Atalanta even though they bought Scamacca.

So all things considered I'm quite happy with the Lukaku signing, even though he'll probably change his mind before his plane lands in Rome and decide he wants to keep on training with Chelsea's U-21 team :mjgrin:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A powerful poacher who shyts the bed in big matches and moments. You might as well play DT upfront. He'll give you pretty much the same thing
I never said Lukaku breh! Just a powerful poacher! As I said, I would play Maguire at striker first!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I never said Lukaku breh! Just a powerful poacher! As I said, I would play Maguire at striker first!

There are no powerful poachers but Lukaku. There is a lack of a big #9's about as it is. Whose left Vlahovic? Good luck trying to get a Balkan out of Italy unless it's for a big big bag.