Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
lol balogun is two years younger than nketiah and he only showed out in ligue 1. The same league where lacazette had 27 goals in 35 games last year. The same lacazette who couldn't buy a goal the season before in the premier league.
So you prefer Nketiah leading your line doing dumb chip shots?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
So you prefer Nketiah leading your line doing dumb chip shots?
The only reason Eddie is starting over him is he’s been here with the boss everyday since he was appointed. Balogun probably isn’t a huge upgrade over Eddie…different kind of striker for sure but he doesn’t elevate us if I had to guess. Seems like a counter attacking striker more so than the profile we need in the league and CL

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
This Balogun decision could cost Arsenal the title this season imo. Why are you trusting Nketiah over a hungry young striker who just wants a chance
What has Balogun done to make people think he is the truth? He has done nothing in the prem to warrant this type of hype/belief.

I am not going to say I am Nketiah’s biggest fan or anything, but bro gets way too much hate in my opinion.

Eddie is our backup striker. Can anyone name 5 backup strikers in the league better than him? Honestly, not sure people could legitimately name 10-15 starting strikers in the league better than Eddie.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Arteta and this disjointed back line going to catch up with us. Eddie isn’t it, Havertz isn’t it, Partey at RB isn’t it. Play your strongest side and stop trying to Galaxy brain :why:

We’ve played two pretty terrible teams so far and our GD should be much higher already. People keep expecting Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard to fill on the stat sheet with goals like last year, and that is in no way something to be expected…it’s unprecedented actually

Figure out the team, start Partey where he needs to, put Ben White where he shined, and figure out the LB situation. You can play around with Havertz (:dame:) bc he is essentially Xhaka with more speed in this team. But this team thinks they’re better than they are so far and we will struggle with these performances
I think he's doing this because he'd rather not have an inadequate sub for Zinchenko. We don't really have any other left backs that can invert, so I think he'd rather have Partey invert from the right instead. We'll see, but I think the backline is back to normal once Zinny is back. I dunno if Partey is starting. There's a midfield 3, i don't know who he's going to pick, but Partey, Rice, or Havertz is coming out.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What has Balogun done to make people think he is the truth? He has done nothing in the prem to warrant this type of hype/belief.

I am not going to say I am Nketiah’s biggest fan or anything, but bro gets way too much hate in my opinion.

Eddie is our backup striker. Can anyone name 5 backup strikers in the league better than him? Honestly, not sure people could legitimately name 10-15 starting strikers in the league better than Eddie.
People are just excited at the prospect. We've seen Nketiah and he's not perfect, so people are automatically looking for an upgrade. People were excited about Saliba before he played in the premier league. I don't really care either way, well I'm a little biased cause Balogun plays for the US. I'd just like Jesus knees to stop requiring surgery

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I think he's doing this because he'd rather not have an inadequate sub for Zinchenko. We don't really have any other left backs that can invert, so I think he'd rather have Partey invert from the right instead. We'll see, but I think the backline is back to normal once Zinny is back. I dunno if Partey is starting. There's a midfield 3, i don't know who he's going to pick, but Partey, Rice, or Havertz is coming out.
It’s gotta be Havertz if that’s the case. Rice is in my mind the left sided 8 long term until Partey leaves. Tailor made for that role with his engine

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s gotta be Havertz if that’s the case. Rice is in my mind the left sided 8 long term until Partey leaves. Tailor made for that role with his engine
I'd lean towards him, but I don't be knowing what Arteta is thinking. Declan and Partey might be too repetitve to him, and he might keep Havertz cause of height, counter-pressing, and apparently, his ability to win 1v1 duels. I don't think that skill set from him is worth 65M, or whatever he cost, but they were ok with paying that for a reason

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I'd lean towards him, but I don't be knowing what Arteta is thinking. Declan and Partey might be too repetitve to him, and he might keep Havertz cause of height, counter-pressing, and apparently, his ability to win 1v1 duels. I don't think that skill set from him is worth 65M, or whatever he cost, but they were ok with paying that for a reason
Agree. Something’s gotta give though because we look disjointed going forward with Havertz not really contributing to buildup play. Martinelli linking up with the 8 isn’t happening as much now. He’s a black hole and all the intangibles aren’t worth shoehorning him into the side if we value goals and controlling games