Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
You ain't gotta be flashy every window. I bet he'll be the starting 6 by Jan even if there's another DM signing

That's what I heard last summer when we grabbed Arthur Melo as a stop gap :unimpressed:

Anyway I don't mind this guy, by all accounts he sounds like a decent player, professional and good injury record

I was just noting he doesn't fit our usual player profile

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"Romeo Lavia reveals his THREE reasons for picking Chelsea and snubbing Liverpool as his £58m transfer is announced... and ex-Southampton star says 'history' is one of them!"

:picard:

"'I think the project and the ambitions of the club were key factors, but also the history behind it so, these three factors were determining my decision,' he said.

Liverpool have a glittering history through the club's existence and boast 19 League titles compared to Chelsea's six.

However, since the start of 2010, Chelsea have won 11 titles compared to Liverpool's seven and, for the Belgian star, it makes them a more appealing option.

Lavia also spoke to the club website, after sealing his move, where he said: ‘I’m really happy join Chelsea and be a part of this exciting project. It’s an amazing football club with a great history and I’m really excited to get started."

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Great signing by Napoli, especially with Zielinski resigning. Still need someone on that RW. Bakayoko from PSV would have been a shout, but I think Chukwueze should have been the one.

Osimhen maaaaan. Should have just stayed one more year without signing. That release clause of €150M / £128M / $163M is way too high, especially when Haaland has a release clause of €60M. €100M / £85M for a release clause is far more respectable, considering ADL got him for €75M.

Hope during AFCON he gets released with no qualms.

Next stage of our player’s development has to be around managing their contracts and careers. Need to get smarter about that aspect.

Last edited: