Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Regarding Chelsea's amortization shananigans, if I get it right, it's only possible if they sell players every window to offset the negative balance they'll start every season with, right ?

The books are fine now but if they mess up one season, the club is fukked ain't it ?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I've been in this thread multiple times saying that clubs only care for a player in as far as it fits the current agenda.

Ribery, Benzema and co. had the full support of their clubs despite that underage sex scandal (and the blackmail one for Benzema).

This is not just football but life, it's easier to forgive effective people for their flaws.
I mean that's France though, there's nothing more French than prostitution and underage girls:sitdown: if they do it while smoking the club has to pay them patriotism bonus :manny:

Greenwood's case is different because it was so public, leaked audio and photos make a huge difference. And then also for some reason United is held to a different standard than other English clubs.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Regarding Chelsea's amortization shananigans, if I get it right, it's only possible if they sell players every window to offset the negative balance they'll start every season with, right ?

The books are fine now but if they mess up one season, the club is fukked ain't it ?

not necessarily as they have a turnover which yields them a transfer budget each year which is offset against that "deficit".
without knowing that budget who knows:hubie:

they might not be able to buy without selling though :sadcam:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I mean that's France though, there's nothing more French than prostitution and underage girls:sitdown: if they do it while smoking the club has to pay them patriotism bonus :manny:

Greenwood's case is different because it was so public, leaked audio and photos make a huge difference. And then also for some reason United is held to a different standard than other English clubs.

if it went to court, she gave testimony and GW still won the case people might be more willing to rationalise it (away?).

but the way things have unfolded, lingering in the air is the feeling that others are turning a blind eye to events influenced by financial and competitive gain.

and people will feel uncomfortable with supporting and cheering that (by proxy).

if he was joe bloggs and was free to go back to his bog standard 9 - 5 i think people would be more forgiving and understanding of giving him a second chance.

maybe people would feel better if he played for a normal 9 - 5 salary with the balance going to "certain" good causes for the next 5 years, as some sort of proxy sentence.

that way he would keep his career but would not be rewarded immediately after events (as if nothing happened).

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
No one is doubting his ability..
However he's a bad barometer because he was on his way to semi retirement after PSG regardless

I'm actually more surprised players like Ruben Neves and Milinkovic Savic went. They seemed to be on the cusp of a major move over the past few seasons. Unless they decided it wasn't going to materialise and cashed in

:hubie:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

The sad part about this is these guys have the british media in their pocket, so they can(and always have) done what they wanted without much push back, which is why they have the hubris to even do this.

But foreign media won't be as kind. No way the American press in the #metoo era lets this one fly. Good luck red devils, hopefully this is the nail in the coffin.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I heard we signed someone! who is it?! *grabs shirt* who is it!? :gladbron:

I ain't never heard of him
GxVFa67.png

*pulls up his stats on football manager* we may have something here brehs :ohhh: