Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Is Greenwood the only one? No. I’d wager there are a lot more like him in all sports. But what kind of message is this sending out if he’s allowed back into the club? Behavior like this can’t and shouldn’t be rewarded.
Behavior shouldn’t be rewarded vs people can be repentant for their actions and can be extended grace.

It all depends on how you slice it imho.

Are his actions terrible, absolutely, but short of murder, if he truly has turned it around and there is no legal barrier from him to play, then let him play.

Damn, I'm still pissed about losing Gakpo to Liverpool now we'll lose Amrabat who has been waiting for United's bid? Smh.
Let him go. Camara and Fofana from Monaco s’il vois plait

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Are his actions terrible, absolutely, but short of murder, if he truly has turned it around and there is no legal barrier from him to play, then let him play.
Murder/manslaughter can have mitigating circumstances, can’t say the same for rape. :hubie:

But regardless of what happens, he will never receive exoneration in the public eye. One player doesn’t seem worth all this hassle in the long term.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Not shocked at all about the likely Mason Greenwood return. What's shocking is the way the club is going about it. It's been obvious that they wanted to reintegrate him since the charges were dropped but they started a never-ending internal investigation into the matter. Then the decision is delayed because of women's World Cup. And now they released a statement about being in final stages of making a decision :gucci:

But I guess we shouldn't be shocked because it all starts from the top. Owners are not even able to complete the sale of the club they started in November so it could be sold before season ended, and now they're not even sure they want to sell the club.

It all trickles down from the top, from club sale, to Greenwood decision all the way to how transfers are handled.