Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I can’t believe anyone would want him tarnishing their club. And I know people are gonna say “what about Partey???”

If he had audio footage leaked in the same way, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Arsenal.

Even with that being said, just on a human level, Greenwood should be dropped. Rape and domestic abuse? He should be exiled for good.

Yup look at Trevor Bauer in Japan

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
@Jamal514 @MikelArteta @thatrapsfan

The club my cousin's 8 year old daughter play's at is trying to charge around $800+ (total) for the competitive team next season.
:mjlol:

That's Canada Soccer for you ,charging people extortionate fees to help fight their money issues. They are such a fukking disgrace. It won't be long until were ranked 100th again by FIFA. :beli:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I can’t believe anyone would want him tarnishing their club. And I know people are gonna say “what about Partey???”

If he had audio footage leaked in the same way, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Arsenal.

Even with that being said, just on a human level, Greenwood should be dropped. Rape and domestic abuse? He should be exiled for good.
If there isn’t an explicit morality clause in his contract that allows the club to terminate his contract upon breach, he should be allowed to play. That’s my view of it.

Investigation was dropped so there’s nothing on him from a legal standpoint.

Let the kid play ball. After 10+ goals and a season, this will be water under the bridge.

I know the UK brehs look at footie clubs different than Americans look at sports teams but this ain’t Athletic or Real Madrid, dem lot don’t actually own the club.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
If there isn’t an explicit morality clause in his contract that allows the club to terminate his contract upon breach, he should be allowed to play. That’s my view of it.

Investigation was dropped so there’s nothing on him from a legal standpoint.

Let the kid play ball.
I’d be very surprised if a football club with Man Utd’s prestige didn’t have a morality clause. Sponsorships, image rights etc.

But putting that aside, let’s stop calling him a “kid”. He’s 21 years old. He’s a fully grown adult. We’ve all heard the audio. We’ve seen the pictures. Yes, the charges were dropped but the damage has been done.

Is Greenwood the only one? No. I’d wager there are a lot more like him in all sports. But what kind of message is this sending out if he’s allowed back into the club? Behavior like this can’t and shouldn’t be rewarded.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Our striking is definitely a worry for me. Do we have a ETA on Jesus yet? All our strikers have the same profile. Jesus, Eddie, Trossard…all non traditional 9s who will come deep/can’t stretch the opposition back line. No one to hold the ball up for us under siege. If we get pinned back we will falter just like late last year.

But my other worry is, we scored a lot of goals last year spread out between way too many players. We’re basically gambling that Saka and Martinelli, and Odegaard will hit those marks again (which would be abnormal to see that level of production spread out between that many players) and hope Rice/Havertz chip in appropriately.

There aren't that many young goalscoring #9's about who would fit Arsenal or who are available. Otherwise you're taking a risk and alot of money on potential. Unless you spend 150m on Osimhen. All the consistent goalscorers are either 30+ or wingers/insider forwards.

The only young #9 who would of fitted was Ramos but he went to PSG. Mendes also has 5 other players with them.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
There aren't that many young goalscoring #9's about who would fit Arsenal or who are available. Otherwise you're taking a risk and alot of money on potential. Unless you spend 150m on Osimhen. All the consistent goalscorers are either 30+ or wingers/insider forwards.

The only young #9 who would have fitted was Ramos but he went to PSG. Mendes also has 5 other players with them.
I’m not gonna pretend im a talent scout but I’m just saying regardless of who’s available it is a deficiency in the squad as currently constructed. Everything has to go perfectly for us to not feel that hole :dame: