Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always feel conflicted about the Greenwood thing. On one hand, that recording is pretty hard to ignore, on the other hand

I feel these clubs have a duty of care and responsibility for academy graduates - especially so because often times they spend more time at the clubs than they do with their families during their formative years - and reportedly some of the alleged offenses occurred before he was even an adult. By all intents and purposes these clubs are "legal guardians" to/for these kids

and there's also the angle of "rehabilitation" or w/e to be considered - the alleged victim has reportedly been consulted in the manner - granted victims aren't and shouldn't be made to bear the weight of being character witnesses, but in a delicate situation such as this - it's to be considered, I mean, she has started a family with him. Any damage inflicted on him career/financial wise will be a direct hit to said family

Ultimately, contrary to what most people on social media will have you believe, I don't think it's an easy decision to make either way - especially that, with no conviction, it opens the club to potential litigation and sets a dangerous precedent - were United to just rip his contract up.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
My genuine belief is that there is a piece of withheld information that would partially (or wholly) clear him in the court of public opinion (we already know that legally there is nothing to convict). The key is that they spoke of evidence and context that the public does not know of.

Maybe they were into rough sex/role-playing or something but I just believe if we knew everything, the whole "case" would look different.

Always bothered me that only 30 seconds of a 15 minute long recording was released to the public.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My genuine belief is that there is a piece of withheld information that would partially (or wholly) clear him in the court of public opinion (we already know that legally there is nothing to convict). The key is that they spoke of evidence and context that the public does not know of.

Maybe they were into rough sex/role-playing or something but I just believe if we knew everything, the whole "case" would look different.

Always bothered me that only 30 seconds of a 15 minute long recording was released to the public.

That's another thing as well - making extreme and finite judgements with supposed partial information is never the wisest thing to do.

I do think the whole "rough sex/role-playing" thing is far-fetched though. The most likely explanation is just teenage kids wanting to be grown ups and emulating toxic behaviors.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
That's another thing as well - making extreme and finite judgements with supposed partial information is never the wisest thing to do.

I do think the whole "rough sex/role-playing" thing is far-fetched though. The most likely explanation is just teenage kids wanting to be grown ups and emulating toxic behaviors.
Yeah, it's just an example but you get my point. We really don't anything besides whatever the supposed leaker wanted us to know.

I just wish the club would get on with it. I suspect they're inclined towards reintegration of Greenwood. If so, then rip off the bandaid and deal with whatever backlash and outrage follows.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

F3qhNPFWIAA9kF0

:hubie:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Looks bad in isolation I'll never argue against that, however I've seen enough in my life to know that things are rarely black and white.

Like I said, there's 13 minutes of unreleased audio. It might just be 13 minutes of MG farting or it might be something else. The point is, nobody outside of the situation knows.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

Man shut up, he did what he did, anything else is PR spin.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Man shut up, he did what he did, anything else is PR spin.
Leave your emotions at the door with me on this one.

There are a lot of objective facts that point to the possibility of this being more than what most people think.