Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

c00n chip deactivated

i have been saying the exact same thing.

neither would society accept a breh roy keane, alan shearer, sam allerdyce, sourness ... etc

some brehs didn't agree.

:mjlol: don't understand brehs.

which non-smiling "unique character" black player like roy keane, stevie G or party man pogbs do they "love".

every black footy breh that gets that sort of praise flashes those gums and keeps his arrogance in check. otherwise he wouldn't be loved.

ronaldinho, kante, yorke .. loved. also have the habit of skinning their teeth at every opportunity aka being "friendly".

rashford loved as "young and harmless" .. until now when he is getting more outspoken.

makelele, viera, sol campbell, ferdinand not loved .. just respected.

which "no nonsense" breh like cantona, keane, terry is "loved" by brits? which zlatan type? zlatan is like mayweather and we see how much mayweather's "unique personality" is loved :mjlol:

did you miss the cautionary tale of frank bruno? are you blind breh?

as a black football player, sportsman or professional even you cannot be "uppity" or you will not get those plaudits.

ask lennox lewis (the greatest UK boxer ever) or linford christie / daley thompson (greatest british athlete ever) or lewis hamilton (greatest driver ever) what happens if you don't make them feel comfortable

gruff rough-edged people like ian botham, nigel mansell or keane are loved .. glitzy crehs like beckham, george best, gascoigne are loved .. normal black men like lewis, hamilton and christie are only "respected" while subservient grinning, skinning brehs like frank bruno, dwight yorke and mo farah get that love in their place.

skinning and grinning, laughing and joking brehs is what they love ...

'If I said what Roy Keane does, I'd never work again': Stan Collymore on punditry, racism, struggling to fit in... and why he's delighted to be back at Southend United after 28 YEARS away
  • Stan Collymore is enjoying working as Southend's senior football strategist
  • Collymore felt most at home at Southend during his eventful playing career
  • He admits that it was more difficult for him the higher he climbed in football
  • There are exciting plans at Southend for a new 22,000-capacity stadium
"‘Pundits get pigeon-holed. The fiery Celt, the clownish, funny, black guy. As you get older you want to be more than that"

54375485-0-image-a-24_1645211793948.jpg

"‘It’s disappointing for me to have disappeared to a degree but then I knew the only way for me to do a mainstream radio show was to be really funny or contrary. I don’t think, for example, there could be a black Roy Keane. To go on and say, “I wouldn’t let that player on the bus home” or “I would knock him out”. If I said that I would never work again.

‘Roy gets away with it because he was a respected captain and a fiery Irishman. An aggressive black guy? Not quite the same.’"

So, how did Stan Collymore end up saving Southend? The striker is back at the lowly club | Daily Mail Online

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I’ll ask you again friend :pachaha: we squandered a 4 goal lead :jbhmm:

Yeah I got it wrong on that one. :hubie:

Still, holding 4 against Southampton is a L tho :pachaha:

Jorginho to Arsenal
Kovacic to Man City
Mount to Utd

I remember a time when Chelsea would only sell first teamers to direct PL rivals if they were coming toward the end of their careers/fell off. :patrice:

I feel sorry for his family. Him though? :skip:

If refs would just stop being so arrogant and concerned about their own relevance, they would use technology in the same way that Rugby refs do.

Also, it's time to get mic'd up. Fans deserve transparency We want to hear what your thought process is. Every other major sport does it besides football which is supposed to be the biggest.

Will you say that when a ref gets assaulted (it's inevitable at this point) because of a couple poor decisions? :francis: