Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Apparently ETH wants to play with two 8s, likely in a 433. Can definitely play in a 3 of Casemiro and Bruno

Mount is a decent player with an engine, if the fee makes sense it’s a good signing tbh
Mount can play 8 but he plays it in a weird way. He's a high energy runner but he prefers to get at the end of things. he doesnt really keep possession of the ball well. He's also an average passer. Atleast he's really good a set pieces. I dont really get the fit but I'll wait and see.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Mount can play 8 but he plays it in a weird way. He's a high energy runner but he prefers to get at the end of things. he doesnt really keep possession of the ball well. He's also an average passer. Atleast he's really good a set pieces. I dont really get the fit but I'll wait and see.
We just watched Xhaka look like a totally different player in the same position. So ya it might work

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Also Mount has been shyt for about a season and a half. He fell out of form, then looked like he was playing bad on purpose to sabotage Potter and then it culminated with an injury.

But there is a fine line in doing that, on some occasions you can bounce back to your old form (Rashford) but you can also stay the mediocre player you were 'pretending' to be (Martial). So lets see if Mount crossed that point of no return :francis:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

He denied the brotherhood :pacspit:

"I repeat, at 30, having the BEPF [Brevet d'Entraineur Professionnel de Football] or the Pro License is very complicated. I couldn't have done it before because I'm only the age that I am. Of course, diplomas are important and I'm not just a geek who played Football Manager. It's totally wrong."

Check his record after he made this statement in March. 2 wins from 10 games :deadrose:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What’s this about the CL referee being a racist?

anything surprising about that :mjpls:?

:yeshrug:

EDIT: not atypical of mainland europe these days ..

May 27, 2023, 12:00 PM CEST

"A decade after it was founded as a more conventional party critical of the European Union and integration, the far-right AfD is now firmly a part of the Germany political landscape. An opinion poll from German public broadcaster ZDF on Friday gave it [AFD] 17% of the national vote — enough to become the third-strongest party in the country. "

"German far-right extremism experts tell NBC News that the rise of the far-right is real and dangerous, with ex-military servicemen and active police officers with access to guns allegedly involved in a conspiratorial plot, while the popularity of the AfD has reshaped political thought and dragged centrist parties to the right."

Last edited:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Is anyone watching this The Soccer Tournament on YouTube?

Its an off shoot of The Basketball Tournament. 7 on 7 soccer, 40 minutes games, goal ends every game.

It started today, and will go for the next 4-5 days