Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Don't get United spaffing all that reprted money on Mount. Would have thought they need another quality central midfielder who put their stamp on the game alongside Casemiro coz it is looking ropey there with Eriksen and the suspension moth.

He's decent and a good presser but he's another who plays on the periphery of games.

Daps
Kane ain't going anywhere unless its Man u, he only needs like 48 goals to break Shearer record and he will do that in about 2 seasons

If Levy don't sell him this summer he will run his contract down and go on a free next season.
Levy will be mad not to sell him this summer and he ain't going to get the 100 mil that he wants with only a year left on his contract.
And Man U would be mad to pay 100 mil for a player nearly 30, with ankle problems with only a year left on his contract

A compromise needs to be made between the 2 and Levy don't compromise.:jbhmm:

It's going to be a long summer with this transfer :sadcam:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
So if we're really signing Mount. Where does he play for United?
Apparently ETH wants to play with two 8s, likely in a 433. Can definitely play in a 3 of Casemiro and Bruno

Mount is a decent player with an engine, if the fee makes sense it’s a good signing tbh

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Maybe, just maybe because I don't follow Italian soccer like that, I feel like Dybala's career should of been bigger.
He definitely had big success but Juve also underperformed in Europe when they were dominating Serie A. He deff should have been bigger but injuries did a number on him in his later years at Juve. Even now at Roma he can't stay fit too long. If he was able to go 90 mins in that final I think Roma win. Dude is quality.

I guess it's partly on his position dying out also on Argentina who is he really benching... definitely not Mr. you know who.
Dybala and Joao Felix are two players that can be difficult to fit into teams but if you can get them to work, boy :ohlawd:

How has Tammy been since leaving Chelsea?
The first season he was good although unlucky. 17 goals in Serie A, but should have had more tbh. Hit the woodwork like 5-6 times that season IIRC.

This season, however, he's been off it. I think Roma are looking to sell him tbh.

spainish teams have won this comp 10 times since 2006.

Screenshot-2023-06-01-at-00-24-15.png

and are 5 ahead.

Even look at the UCL table, Spain is at the top. To me, you can't call yourself the best league in the world if when it comes time to win trophies, you fall short. Being able to deliver in a final is an ability on its own.

EPL is the most competitive, yes, but the best, the jury is still out. :hubie:

Rasmus is one I'm excited about. Seems like one of those smart signings we dont usually make.
Same here. But tbh, we need two forwards. Rasmus I like but Randal Kolo Muani aint it for me.
So if we're really signing Mount. Where does he play for United?
Jack of all trades I'd assume. Can play as an 8, 10, 11 and 7. Good option for depth and he has legs.
And Man U would be mad to pay 100 mil for a player nearly 30, with ankle problems with only a year left on his contract
This ankle issue is overblown tbh. Last 3 seasons Kane started 35+ games in the Prem. Since his breakout season in 14/15, the only time he's played less than 30 games in the Prem was 18/19 and 19/20 where he played 28 and 29 games respectively and scored 17 and 18 goals in the prem, respectively.

Kane is fit and reliable.