Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It would pretty dumb to move Sancho back left after he finally found form on the right. Also Garnacho's been great on the left and his pace is needed on the counter against City, so Bruno is not just spamming balls over the top to Rashford.

But I don't think any of that matters because stubborn ass ETH will have Eriksen :flabbynsick: trying to cover KDB, Gudogan and Silva in the midfield :francis:
Sancho/Bruno on the wings, put them whichever side you want.

Doubt he starts 'nacho, more likely to bring him off the bench against tired legs(if we're still in it).

We're in a difficult position with Eriksen, because if we play how I think we will and drop him, we'll have literally no one in midfield who can keep possession.

Fred/McTom can drop in when we're pinned back.

It's obviously not how we want to play long term but it's our best option in this game tbh.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who was the kind that got sent off?

And LMAO @ the amount of pigeons sitting on the pitch, never seen this before.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Sancho/Bruno on the wings, put them whichever side you want.
Has Bruno on the wing ever actually worked?

We're in a difficult position with Eriksen, because if we play how I think we will and drop him, we'll have literally no one in midfield who can keep possession.
But it's not like we're keeping possession with Eriksen, even against trash teams (Wolves/Chelsea), we won but they had more possession. And when they countered it was Casemiro on his own with AWB/Shaw only ones helping him. Give KDB and Haaland as much free space as they did to Kai and Gallagher and it's game over by 30th minute.

Daps
Come on Roma I want them to win just for the Maureen fukkery afterwards for winning back to back European titles

Plus they have 2 English players and Wijnaldum

If they win I wonder if the people who were in this thread saying going to Roma was a step down from Spurs will come in here and admit they were wrong :jbhmm:

Spurs are going back to being a mid table club again completely illrelevant and the only way they are going stay relevant is because of Expression who is one funny fukker :russ:
Best football guy on social media

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Has Bruno on the wing ever actually worked?

But it's not like we're keeping possession with Eriksen, even against trash teams (Wolves/Chelsea), we won but they had more possession. And when they countered it was Casemiro on his own with AWB/Shaw only ones helping him. Give KDB and Haaland as much free space as they did to Kai and Gallagher and it's game over by 30th minute.
Yes, it has.(In every game he's played on the RW in the PL this season he's either assisted or scored, and we won every game, including City at OT)

And when i say keep possession, i mean someone who won’t just give it away in transition at the start of counter attacks, someone who can see and play the necessary ball.

We’re clearly not going to go into this game with the same mentality as the Chelsea game so it’s pointless comparing. We’ll be far more cautious/pragmatic.

Last edited: