Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Look, if City cheated they cheated. But I can't even lie, their front/back office has been incredible when it comes to transfers.

Ake (€45M), Akanji (€21M) and Alvarez (€20M) are three examples of shrewd business, Alvarez especially.

In Europe, they, Brighton and Napoli have some great scouting departments.

United need to step up and start thinking outside the box. There’s so much data and analytics now to help aid transfer strategy.

I also think the club isn’t ambitious enough with S. American transfers. No reason why United can’t scout directly from top S. American clubs (Penarol, River Plate, Boca, Palmeiras, Flamengo, Santos etc). Valverde, G Jesus, Vini, Rodrygo all came direct from S. America and are bonafide ballers.

hell even haaland
:sadcam:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

I think this happens only if Sheikh Jassim buys United :jbhmm:

it's a possible loan where we only cover part of the salary so it is doable.

phil jones (75k p/w), tuanzebe (50k) and DDG reduction (region of 100k) means we will have circa 225k p/w salary to spend so far.

maguire will save 100k to almost 200k per week if he goes.

-

where does neymar play tho? left instead of rashford? in bruno's position and bruno played deeper? instead of antony? false 9?

rumours say we are getting kim and rabiot so is there room for bruno to move deeper? is that the best place for bruno?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
where does neymar play tho? left instead of rashford? in bruno's position and bruno played deeper? instead of antony? false 9?
Upfront or ideally a more fluid frontline with Neymar/Rashford switching positions.

rumours say we are getting kim
I don't believe any transfer rumors that require a transfer fee because it doesn't look like Glazers will sell the club in time.

and rabiot so is there room for bruno to move deeper? is that the best place for bruno?
It was a small sample size but Bruno was incredible playing deeper, but also it looks like ETH has no interest in playing him there :francis:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In Europe, they, Brighton and Napoli have some great scouting departments.

United need to step up and start thinking outside the box. There’s so much data and analytics now to help aid transfer strategy.

I also think the club isn’t ambitious enough with S. American transfers. No reason why United can’t scout directly from top S. American clubs (Penarol, River Plate, Boca, Palmeiras, Flamengo, Santos etc). Valverde, G Jesus, Vini, Rodrygo all came direct from S. America and are bonafide ballers.

I was watching Independiente del Valle vs. Corinthians a few weeks ago and Independiente had a 15 year old who was already signed by Chelsea. It's to the point where I saw the head of Palmeiras' youth system on TV saying he had just returned from Africa and Brazilian clubs' scouting departments are now recruiting young talent from West Africa and Angola. The other day I saw the U-20 league match between São Paulo and Palmeiras and São Paulo had a kid from Ghana and two others from Senegal.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Newcastle, watched on by their state backed owners, back in the big time, it's such a fairytale.:blessed: