Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
the kkk are christians sooo no surprise.....

I do love how the white brits are acting like ism never existed in their country lol.....i know the open ism is not done as before but the British really shouldn't be pointing at the spanish or any other europeans.. Spain and england spread their seed all over the world which includes anti-blackness
Just a nonsense argument that though isn't it mate. There is definitely OPEN racism in the UK but it doesn't mean we can't say racial abuse is wrong.

It's like saying I can't condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine because Britain invaded places.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Just a nonsense argument that though isn't it mate. There is definitely OPEN racism in the UK but it doesn't mean we can't say racial abuse is wrong.

It's like saying I can't condemn Russia's invasion of Ukraine because Britain invaded places.
its not, white folks , specially those who are leaning more to the left side of the spectrum...Love to pinpoint open obvious racism. Open racism in most modern western societies is looked down upon vastly. So its easy to hide and say see those "other" whites who are racist very bad... Sadly ism comes to towards different forms. That unless ur one of us i wont catch it.

But anyway lets leave it add that this a football forum. Even if vinny was to come to England the racism he will face would be the evolved version that takes a seasoned person to see soo, He cant escape it, brazil has ism but its expressed differently than in Spain or Italy or whatever.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
the kkk are christians sooo no surprise.....

I do love how the white brits are acting like ism never existed in their country lol.....i know the open ism is not done as before but the British really shouldn't be pointing at the spanish or any other europeans.. Spain and england spread their seed all over the world which includes anti-blackness

Fair play to the Premier League tho, because if anything like this happened to a black player inside an EPL stadium, best believe the person would be ejected immediately, banned and condemned by everyone, unlike in Spain, where this sort of behavior it's excused.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
its not, white folks , specially those who are leaning more to the left side of the spectrum...Love to pinpoint open obvious racism. Open racism in most modern western societies is looked down upon vastly. So its easy to hide and say see those "other" whites who are racist very bad... Sadly ism comes to towards different forms. That unless ur one of us i wont catch it.

But anyway lets leave it add that this a football forum. Even if vinny was to come to England the racism he will face would be the evolved version that takes a seasoned person to see soo, He cant escape it, brazil has ism but its expressed differently than in Spain or Italy or whatever.
That's just a vast generalisation though. Besides in the UK it tends to be right leaning and middle class people who are happy to call out racism elsewhere but say it doesn't exist here.

Racism exists everywhere, whether it's systematic or overt.

Am i allowed to say people racially abusing Vini Jr in Spain is bad now?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Fair play to the Premier League tho, because if anything like this happened to a black player inside an EPL stadium, best believe the person would be ejected immediately, banned and condemned by everyone, unlike in Spain, where this sort of behavior it's excused.
fo sho. but there is where the illusion of progress comes. Like i said open ism is a no , in America u almost never hear of crowds chanting or making monkey noises in unison but any nikka that lives or has lived here for more than 10 years knows that anti blackness is everywhere.

The system gives a show of see we have punished this open racist behavior therefore u negroes should have no complains about our society or whatever.. But daily experience tells another story.. Anyway it is what is. talking about wont fix shyt.

That's just a vast generalisation though. Besides in the UK it tends to be right leaning and middle class people who are happy to call out racism elsewhere but say it doesn't exist here.

Racism exists everywhere, whether it's systematic or overt.

Am i allowed to say people racially abusing Vini Jr in Spain is bad now?

of course its good. My thing is that ism specially the one that is faced by the average black folk in this post modern world is not name calling or any sort overt ism ............ I've notice the same ones that pin point racist in other places or other whites usually dont notice the other shyt that is imbedded in their society at large. A simple example , the notion that all black folks steal in grained in most western societies. So if u enter an "non black enviroment" which for us is mostly everywhere folks will tend to more attentive for a lack of better word lol... Just know that humans communicate in more ways than just verbal.

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
You don't think the CAC's in the stands hold the same vile attitude towards black players in the premier league:stopitslime:Only thing that stops them being as flagrant and unapologetic as countries like Spain, is the very strict laws in the UK, you might get a visit from the police for a racist tweet. The english are not more educated or evolved.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Look, if City cheated they cheated. But I can't even lie, their front/back office has been incredible when it comes to transfers.

Ake (€45M), Akanji (€21M) and Alvarez (€20M) are three examples of shrewd business, Alvarez especially.

In Europe, they, Brighton and Napoli have some great scouting departments.

United need to step up and start thinking outside the box. There’s so much data and analytics now to help aid transfer strategy.

I also think the club isn’t ambitious enough with S. American transfers. No reason why United can’t scout directly from top S. American clubs (Penarol, River Plate, Boca, Palmeiras, Flamengo, Santos etc). Valverde, G Jesus, Alvarez, Vini, Rodrygo all came direct from S. America and are bonafide ballers.

Last edited: