Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
City all over Chelsea with the B squad :picard:

This Cole Palmer looks like good one

Playing out of position too. Right side is where he really cooks, in a similar way to Mahrez.

Idk what we do with him, clearly a talent.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
We need a lot.

Saka backup (or competition, he may lose his place if these ass performances keep up), and Reiss needs to sign

A left footed ball playing CB, and a right footed ball playing CB (if Gabriel goes down we are fukked, Kiwior looked ok spelling but he’s not good enough to push for titles from what I’ve seen. Saliba needs to sign. Holding gone.)

Two fullback signings, one on both flanks. Tierney is gone, we need to replace him and find another RB because Ben White can’t play the same amount of games there without cover or when he inevitably has to cover Saliba at CB. Tomi is not to be trusted after the injury tbh.

At least two CMs. Xhaka gone, and Partey needs help. Need athleticism in there. This is the most important part of the summer we have to get it right. I’m not sold on Rice but him and Caicedo would be great. Lavia another good signing.

Another striker. Jesus is a great player but he’s not a goal scorer. We need a different profile number 9 to be flexible in our tactics. Trossard isn’t a solution and Eddie is not there yet and maybe never will be good enough to be our starter either.

Rice is overpriced but I have little doubt in his ability to make it work at Arsenal.

Don't really have big issues with the defence apart from Holding, they might need to make it work due to opportunity cost

If you asking to compete with City? Probably Aliko Dangote to buy the club like he been talking, or for Stan Kroenke to spend cash and compete.

Squad wise:

• Another right centerback/right back
  • At least one number eight and could be two of ESR is gone
  • A more defensive left back with top level technique—that’s not Tierney. That player doesn’t have to be Zinchenko, just comfortable enough To pass the ball well.
  • a starting holding midfielder (it will never happen, but Rice and Caceido is a dream)
  • a right wide attacker to push Saka and give him rest. He is burnt out.
  • and I would really have Balogun compete with Gabriel Jesus. I know the club has been cool with selling Balogun, but young goal scorers are rare. If he wasn’t an Arsenal player and we were linked with him, the clubs and fans would be on some “do want!”
  • lastly, Arteta gotta grow up and rotate the squad more and get better with in-game tactics. He also gotta boot out the players who quit.

Think we should keep Balogun too, would get rid of Nketiah if anything

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes when I see Sterling's shooting or crossing I wonder how he got to the elite level.

A truly dreadful footballer. One of the worst players I've had the misfortune of watching in recent years. And considering the amount of rubbish players we have had / still have that says a lot.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes when I see Sterling's shooting or crossing I wonder how he got to the elite level.

Outside of the shooting he does everything well. Good athlete, very hard to push off the ball, usually always fit. If he could finish better you'd be talking about an all timer(he sorta still is but the catalog of big chances missed is hard to ignore)

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Crazy how Griezmann started the season. He might be the La Liga MVP.

I think Atléti really suffered because of that. Griezmann is the perfect player for simeone ball.

But "what if" right :yeshrug: