Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
So Arsenal fans

Who do we need and who needs to go?
We need a lot.

Saka backup (or competition, he may lose his place if these ass performances keep up), and Reiss needs to sign

A left footed ball playing CB, and a right footed ball playing CB (if Gabriel goes down we are fukked, Kiwior looked ok spelling but he’s not good enough to push for titles from what I’ve seen. Saliba needs to sign. Holding gone.)

Two fullback signings, one on both flanks. Tierney is gone, we need to replace him and find another RB because Ben White can’t play the same amount of games there without cover or when he inevitably has to cover Saliba at CB. Tomi is not to be trusted after the injury tbh.

At least two CMs. Xhaka gone, and Partey needs help. Need athleticism in there. This is the most important part of the summer we have to get it right. I’m not sold on Rice but him and Caicedo would be great. Lavia another good signing.

Another striker. Jesus is a great player but he’s not a goal scorer. We need a different profile number 9 to be flexible in our tactics. Trossard isn’t a solution and Eddie is not there yet and maybe never will be good enough to be our starter either.

Last edited:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
We need a lot.

Saka backup (or competition, he may lose his place if these ass performances keep up), and Reiss needs to sign

A left footed ball playing CB, and a right footed ball playing CB (if Gabriel goes down we are fukked, Kiwior looked ok spelling but he’s not good enough to push for titles from what I’ve seen. Saliba needs to sign. Holding gone.)

Two fullback signings, one on both flanks. Tierney is gone, we need to replace him and find another RB because Ben White can’t play the same amount of games there without cover or when he inevitably has to cover Saliba at CB. Tomi is not to be trusted after the injury tbh.

At least two CMs. Xhaka gone, and Partey needs help. Need athleticism in there. This is the most important part of the summer we have to get it right. I’m not sold on Rice but him and Caicedo would be great. Lavia another good signing.

Another striker. Jesus is a great player but he’s not a goal scorer. We need a different profile number 9 to be flexible in our tactics. Eddie is not there yet and maybe never will be good enough to be our starter either.

You're not sold on Rice? I think his performances have warranted him a move to a bigger club. Plus I feel he would bring a good personality and mentality to the team

Wgat the team really needs aswell is leaders or guys with "intangibles"

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
You're not sold on Rice? I think his performances have warranted him a move to a bigger club. Plus I feel he would bring a good personality and mentality to the team

Wgat the team really needs aswell is leaders or guys with "intangibles"
He’s a good player but he’s never shone to me like his price tag would suggest. But I guess that’s just the market and English tax.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
We need a lot.

Another striker. Jesus is a great player but he’s not a goal scorer. We need a different profile number 9 to be flexible in our tactics. Trossard isn’t a solution and Eddie is not there yet and maybe never will be good enough to be our starter either.

That's literally what Kiwior was brought in for lol so that's not happening.

IF Holding goes we may get a replacement, cause the home grown rules and Reiss/Emile might be gone its not certain he leaves.
But the more likely thing is we get a RB as we were trying to do that in Jan, and Tomiyasu can be moved into CB cover if Rob leaves.

I agree with everything else but it just seems like a ton of players I'm not sure we will do it all.

I think 100% we will get

1x RW
1x CM
1x RB
1x LB

The rest is up in the air.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
thief-man babble :picard: . no one was talking about chelsea like this when mou ruled the league.

in the prem teams share the money equitably when they didn't have to. if they wanted to cement their place they would have done what madrid/barca did in spain.

also the league goes back before the prem and the "big X" have NOT always dominated.

in fact most of them have had long periods in the wilderness and most of them have been relegated - including man utd.

if you want to point the finger anywhere then you should be looking at the oligarch/state money and the champions league for creating an elite.

prior to the champions league we had forest, villa and the like feeding at the top table. also you had everton and spurs and the like.

STOP DEFENDING CROOKS :hubie:

AND STOP THE A-HISTORIC BABBLE :hubie:

Crooks? What are they guilty of?

You realize that all accounts are audited independently, and these premier league charges are so farcical that when UEFA was building the case they didn't include most of this because it's easy to debunk.

The issue here is independent regulation.
they are being charged over a period that ends in, i think, 2018. so not "onward" but a fixed period that has already ended.

not sure we have spoken about this but legally speaking they are not just guilty of "hiding expenditure".

morally (turpitude) and legally they are guilty of breaking the rules (in all manner of ways) more than 100 TIMES.

who is to say whether they would have broken the rules back then.

100 plus contraventions shows them doing whatever they needed to do to be top dog.

-

would a man who shoots someone with a gun in 2023 not have taken a life before guns were invented.

a man who shot > 100 people?

sure he couldn't writ-large 'kill with a gun' before guns were invented but his flagrant lack of respect for lives suggests that in the right(wrong) circumstances he would used some other pre-gun type of weapon.

likewise city's lack of respect for the rules suggests that THEY WOULD HAVE ... obeyed all the rules ...?

no.

man united deserve the position they are in due to their flagrant mismanagement.

chelsea have won the most in england since 2004 and are just 1 john terry mis-kick away from being ahead of man united in champions leagues.

city meanwhile are struggling to win their first champions league.

you don't hear people complaining about chelsea winning what they have because chelsea did not break the rules like city did.

it is that simple :ufdup:

we are answering you because you are trying to defend the indefensible.

if you just accepted the truth of their skulduggery the conversation would be long over.

stop trying to rationalise CHEATS.

if clubs can just do what they want then what is the point of rules in football anyway?
You say cheat so confidently, I hope you have the class to walk it back when this is all over, no matter how long it takes. Trust me, I won't forget.

Most of the charges the premier league came up with in their haste, were so farcical UEFA didn't include them in their case against us three years ago. City's accounts are audited independently, so an accusation on these accounts is an accusation against some of the most reputable financial institutions in the world.

The issue here is about independent regulation. The day after the FA sent these trumped up charges against City they asked the government to delay the white paper. Who is more likely the crook, the one who wants outside regulation or the one who doesn't?

I've said all this in the thread before but people are just married to the narrative of cheating, because it helps to make you feel better about how mediocre most of your clubs have gotten. And in ways I can't blame you because most media outlets (which have heavy influence from the two big red clubs) never report on this issue accurately.

And what's funny about this is we are about to play a champions league final against a club that was found to have cooked their books. But hey they won't report too much on that because Inter Milan isn't depriving Man U and Liverpool fans of the trophies they feel entitled to win.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
That's literally what Kiwior was brought in for lol so that's not happening.

IF Holding goes we may get a replacement, cause the home grown rules and Reiss/Emile might be gone its not certain he leaves.
But the more likely thing is we get a RB as we were trying to do that in Jan, and Tomiyasu can be moved into CB cover if Rob leaves.

I agree with everything else but it just seems like a ton of players I'm not sure we will do it all.

I think 100% we will get

1x RW
1x CM
1x RB
1x LB

The rest is up in the air.

Make Jesus play wing and get a striker.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

b6b05377bd36660e4207e123b3b09368

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
We need a lot.

Honestly I'd upgrade gabriel as well. Not good enough