Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
My man, you (and the other guy responding to me) make literally zero sense . . . City are being charged for FFP breaches from ~2009 onwards right?

they are being charged over a period that ends in, i think, 2018. so not "onward" but a fixed period that has already ended.

2009/10 onwards right? So in my hypothetical context of Sheiks buying city in the abromovich times (early 2000s . .) there would be no issue. . .

not sure we have spoken about this but legally speaking they are not just guilty of "hiding expenditure".

morally (turpitude) and legally they are guilty of breaking the rules (in all manner of ways) more than 100 TIMES.

who is to say whether they would have broken the rules back then.

100 plus contraventions shows them doing whatever they needed to do to be top dog.

-

would a man who shoots someone with a gun in 2023 not have taken a life before guns were invented.

a man who shot > 100 people?

sure he couldn't writ-large 'kill with a gun' before guns were invented but his flagrant lack of respect for lives suggests that in the right(wrong) circumstances he would used some other pre-gun type of weapon.

likewise city's lack of respect for the rules suggests that THEY WOULD HAVE ... obeyed all the rules ...?

Regarding me saying "only" - fair enough, better to say it was a pretty prominent reason :ufdup:

I get the feeling you and @Yippee Ki Yay are probably disgruntled Utd supporters who have spent the majority of the last decade saying City have been buying the league titles, but having to find a different tact because Utd have have now pretty much outspent City in the last decade with nothing to show for it :mjcry:

no.

man united deserve the position they are in due to their flagrant mismanagement.

chelsea have won the most in england since 2004 and are just 1 john terry mis-kick away from being ahead of man united in champions leagues.

city meanwhile are struggling to win their first champions league.

you don't hear people complaining about chelsea winning what they have because chelsea did not break the rules like city did.

it is that simple :ufdup:

we are answering you because you are trying to defend the indefensible.

if you just accepted the truth of their skulduggery the conversation would be long over.

stop trying to rationalise CHEATS.

if clubs can just do what they want then what is the point of rules in football anyway?

Last edited:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
they are being charged over a period that ends in, i think, 2018. so not "onward" but a fixed period that has already ended.

not sure we have spoken about this but legally speaking they are not just guilty of "hiding expenditure".

morally (turpitude) and legally they are guilty of breaking the rules (in all manner of ways) more than 100 TIMES.

who is to say whether they would have broken the rules back then.

100 plus contraventions shows them doing whatever they needed to do to be top dog.

-

would a man who shoots someone with a gun in 2023 not have taken a life before guns were invented.

a man who shot > 100 people?

sure he couldn't writ-large 'kill with a gun' before guns were invented but his flagrant lack of respect for lives suggests that in the right(wrong) circumstances he would used some other pre-gun type of weapon.

likewise city's lack of respect for the rules suggests that THEY WOULD HAVE ... obeyed all the rules ...?

no.

man united deserve the position they are in due to their flagrant mismanagement.

chelsea have won the most in england since 2004 and are just 1 john terry mis-kick away from being ahead of man united in champions leagues.

city meanwhile are struggling to win their first champions league.

you don't hear people complaining about chelsea winning what they have because chelsea did not break the rules like city did.

it is that simple :ufdup:

we are answering you because you are trying to defend the indefensible.

if you just accepted the truth of their skulduggery the conversation would be long over.

stop trying to rationalise CHEATS.

if clubs can just do what they want then what is the point of rules in football anyway?

Whats with the large font :pachaha:

If I understand correctly all of those 100+ breaches are financial, right? What part of "there were not FFP rules in place before 2009/10" do you not understand :wtf:. In terms of spending, Sheiks have done nothing different to Abramovich at Chelsea . . . If Sheikhs purchased in 2003, they wouldn't have 100+ breaches - because it was legal to spend whatever you wanted :mjlol: Rules changed largely in part to teams "buying" the league (Eg. Chelsea :mjlol:)

Wtf is this parallel about a man shooting a gun? :pachaha:Even using that parallel it doesnt help you - essentially yes - the Sheikhs wouldve still spent a shytload of money before FFP rules came into place . . that's what ive been trying to tell you . . they just wouldn't have been in breach of any rules back then :pachaha:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

If I understand correctly all of those 100+ breaches are financial, right? What part of "there were not FFP rules in place before 2009/10" do you not understand :wtf:. In terms of spending, Sheiks have done nothing different to Abramovich at Chelsea . . . If Sheikhs purchased in 2003, they wouldn't have 100+ breaches - because it was legal to spend whatever you wanted :mjlol: Rules changed largely in part to teams "buying" the league (Eg. Chelsea :mjlol:)

Wtf is this parallel about a man shooting a gun? :pachaha:Even using that parallel it doesnt help you - essentially yes - the Sheikhs wouldve still spent a shytload of money before FFP rules came into place . . that's what ive been trying to tell you . . they just wouldn't have been in breach of any rules back then :pachaha:
You can’t be this dense :dead:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

TL;DR sections

If I understand correctly all of those 100+ breaches are financial, right?

no.

What part of "there were not FFP rules in place before 2009/10" do you not understand :wtf:. In terms of spending, Sheiks have done nothing different to Abramovich at Chelsea . . . If Sheikhs purchased in 2003, they wouldn't have 100+ breaches - because it was legal to spend whatever you wanted :mjlol: Rules changed largely in part to teams "buying" the league (Eg. Chelsea :mjlol:)

not all financial per-se. so no.

not all problems can be solved by having more money.

player X wants to sign for club Y so club A breaks the rules. for example bribing the family. not a financial crime per-se. a logistical crime.

club Y cannot compete with family payments because is not allowed. not due to amounts but due to who they are.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
eh i dont get the shytting on city for their dominance. We had our time, we’ll be back up in no time. We’ve made considerable progress this year…

as far as money spent, united and chelsea have spent the most money in the last 5 years. so :yeshrug:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
:manny:

The only successful team that can retain some self respect in the last decade is Liverpool (and Leicester). Utd are embarrassing with the amount of money spent on utter trash

It’s pure envy breh. And seeing their “most competitive league” bubble being burst is making their souls burn slow.

Arsenal really should’ve invested when it was open season for spending. I understand they had to get the stadium and all

Best PL fans can hope for at this point is that City continues to fail in the UCL like Juve did during their period of dominance

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It’s pure envy breh.

why does no one "envy" chelsea despite that they have won the most since 2004. even more than SAF won during that period.

chelsea have more european trophies than man utd now.

apart from jokes here and there i big up chelsea's achievements on here.

And seeing their “most competitive league” bubble being burst is making their souls burn slow.

man utd won 5 out of 7 and lost the other two by 1 point and goal difference.

that is worse than what city have done.

"envy" :russ:

Well done City .. :wow:

They played very well over both legs.

Madrid :hula: Chelsea

:patrice:

chelsea now have more real european trophies than the great MU.

chelsea are just one kick away from having more european cups than MU.

let that sink in.

so even the ever touted history will help us less and less when it comes to attracting new players.

chelsea have won more since 2004

chelsea spend big and have few financial constraints

chelsea are in (a nice part of) london

chelsea have won more in europe and have won 4 european trophies in 10 years compared to our 1

chelsea have a better manager

and then we have citeh and liverpool to deal with as well.

we need to wake up :hhh:
-

your city takes are as bad as your "jose is finished " hot-take :picard:

TL;DR

maybe you just find it difficult to understand objections that are not based on self-interest.

maybe you don't understand why "competition" and "bullying" are not the same thing.

some people welcome competition in the league and object to bullies who just want to do what they want.

it's not hard to understand.

:hubie:

Daps
My man, you (and the other guy responding to me) make literally zero sense . . . City are being charged for FFP breaches from ~2009 onwards right?

2009/10 onwards right? So in my hypothetical context of Sheiks buying city in the abromovich times (early 2000s . .) there would be no issue. . .

Regarding me saying "only" - fair enough, better to say it was a pretty prominent reason :ufdup:

I get the feeling you and @Yippee Ki Yay are probably disgruntled Utd supporters who have spent the majority of the last decade saying City have been buying the league titles, but having to find a different tact because Utd have have now pretty much outspent City in the last decade with nothing to show for it :mjcry:
No you have got me completely wrong, I am certainly not a Man U fan :russ:

I'm a Liverpool fan and I haven't been saying or complaing about City buying the league, I've been complaining about the cheating

You can spend loads of money and go backwards look at Man U since Fergie left or Chelsea this season