Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Fergie needed more help....

:wow:
Didn’t even want to get into the referee bullshyt, cos every single team has had help with some shady calls

But my man @Trajan pointed out the additional time stats. Now I understand where the Qatar World Cup got the idea of extra long additional times from :scust:

And you have Liverc00ns like @Roberto Firmino complaining when I call out a team and manager that oppressed and made Liverpool a meme for 30 years :snoop:

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
arsene wasn't ruthless, had no plan B and chelsea took their place and then later city.

that's not down to MU or SAF

Look at how Utd compiled their late 90s - early 2000s teams by monopolising English talent :wow:

Chelsea really crushed the buildings with the spending :wow:

City which we both agree cheated :wow:

Ultimately though I blame Arsenals ownership, Arsene was cooking with converted Serie A rejects and the youth :ufdup:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Didn’t even want to get into the referee bullshyt, cos every single team has had help with some shady calls

But my man @Trajan pointed out the additional time stats. Now I understand where the Qatar World Cup got the idea of extra long additional times from :scust:

And you have Liverc00ns like @Roberto Firmino complaining when I call out a team and manager that oppressed and made Liverpool a meme for 30 years :snoop:
Ghanaian Milan supporter :mjpls: out here going to bat for a Spaniard and Norwegian with more zeal than we ever seen for your country or team, we all family here :lolbron: we see you we know you :mjpls:

Ain’t no c00n in me :ufdup: second time you’ve tagged me in some bullshyt keep my name out your mouth friend :birdman:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Look at how Utd compiled their late 90s - early 2000s teams by monopolising English talent :wow:

name names e-grow ... those boys were signed as youths.

in the 1999 final we had sheringham. keane and maybe 1 or 2 others that were poached.

and keane is stretching it because forest were relegated.

brehs in here like:

Screenshot-2023-05-21-at-00-50-36.png

:picard:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Ayo

I been in the clouds since Tuesday, the madrid victory and the way it was done was just epic. I been watching football all day and was just thinking back to the quality of the premier league now, as it was 20 years ago.... amazing football at Bournemouth, Nottingham forest. They say the premier league is a farmers league because City have 3 peated, and call if what you want but unlike Fergie's United and Bayern and PSG, City aren't going to pillage their rivals to get more titles. We import/export, Fergie just bought out his friend down the street. What is Fergie's tactical contribution to football? Fergie time? His big contribution is basically match fixing. Bravo.

United fans(and all the fans of the big 5 teams that founded the premier league and designed it so that they would always dominate) are beside themselves, considering more protests over their owners, because they can't win titles like they used to. Fergie's treble is on VHS, Pep's treble will be in 4k. Deal with it. All the BS about we invested money that we "earned" is BS. United, Liverpool, Arsenal all had outside investment, so slate City all you want, only way to ever catch up was investment. The way they talk about these financial charges, it's like we were match fixing, it's like we win games by Rashford being offside and blocking defenders from getting the ball. Everyone has spent and will spend money to dominate football at the highest level.

Arsenal fans...enjoy the top 4 race next season. Unless you guys spend alot this summer, a title challenge is far away. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli etc. are good complimentary players but as you can see they can't win you a title.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
@Yayo Toure is like Michael at the end of The Godfather.

He’s on top, and his enemies are in the dirt (Europa League) :skip:

yo I watched liverpool get 20 minutes stoppage time today and couldn't get a winner against Aston Villa. All these teams are broken.

Ten Haag gonna get in to Champions league and get pumped in the group stages, just like his daddy Fergie did so many times.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Ayo

I been in the clouds since Tuesday, the madrid victory and the way it was done was just epic. I been watching football all day and was just thinking back to the quality of the premier league now, as it was 20 years ago.... amazing football at Bournemouth, Nottingham forest. They say the premier league is a farmers league because City have 3 peated, and call if what you want but unlike Fergie's United and Bayern and PSG, City aren't going to pillage their rivals to get more titles. We import/export, Fergie just bought out his friend down the street. What is Fergie's tactical contribution to football? Fergie time? His big contribution is basically match fixing. Bravo.

United fans(and all the fans of the big 5 teams that founded the premier league and designed it so that they would always dominate) are beside themselves, considering more protests over their owners, because they can't win titles like they used to. Fergie's treble is on VHS, Pep's treble will be in 4k. Deal with it. All the BS about we invested money that we "earned" is BS. United, Liverpool, Arsenal all had outside investment, so slate City all you want, only way to ever catch up was investment. The way they talk about these financial charges, it's like we were match fixing, it's like we win games by Rashford being offside and blocking defenders from getting the ball. Everyone has spent and will spend money to dominate football at the highest level.

Arsenal fans...enjoy the top 4 race next season. Unless you guys spend alot this summer, a title challenge is far away. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli etc. are good complimentary players but as you can see they can't win you a title.
The receipts I could pull about how big ears doesn’t matter :dead: but I’m gonna keep my powder dry until the final and you acting like the competition you have shyt on for years, your fans boo the anthem and claim to not give a shyt about is gonna be the greatest achievement ever :mjgrin:

And if Inter manage to pull off God’s work :wow: you never gone show your face again :damn:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Ayo

United fans(and all the fans of the big 5 teams that founded the premier league and designed it so that they would always dominate) are beside themselves,

thief-man babble :picard: . no one was talking about chelsea like this when mou ruled the league.

in the prem teams share the money equitably when they didn't have to. if they wanted to cement their place they would have done what madrid/barca did in spain.

also the league goes back before the prem and the "big X" have NOT always dominated.

in fact most of them have had long periods in the wilderness and most of them have been relegated - including man utd.

if you want to point the finger anywhere then you should be looking at the oligarch/state money and the champions league for creating an elite.

prior to the champions league we had forest, villa and the like feeding at the top table. also you had everton and spurs and the like.

STOP DEFENDING CROOKS :hubie:

AND STOP THE A-HISTORIC BABBLE :hubie:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
It does make sense if you realise what I'm trying to say

I'm basically calling Txiki Begiristain a cheat and saying it doesn't matter what era it is or what the rules are, he is going to cheat to make sure it is not a level playing field when his team goes out on the pitch

So you want to defend them but don't care if they throw the book at them :jbhmm:

It's like MGK Eminem Diss where he is praising him and dissing him in the same line :hubie:

My man, you make literally zero sense . . . So you're saying if the Sheikhs took over City in the non FFP (ie. spend as much as you want era. . . ) Txiki wouldve rolled up to the CIty accountants and told them to cook the books anyway (for literally no tangible reason other than because Txiki likes to cheat?) Right . . . :pachaha:

No offense but are you a simpleton or something :wtf:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
do you know which period they are being charged with?

which years are they being accused of breaking the rules?

you need to factor that into your argument.

"only"? you know that the prem shares TV money equitably (unlike for example in spain).

wild distortions are not good for the health of the league.

a salary cap (of any kind) is bad for "elite clubs" but ...

it's not "ONLY" about self-interest .

defend crooks while claiming not to defend crooks brehs .... :mjlol:

My man, you (and the other guy responding to me) make literally zero sense . . . City are being charged for FFP breaches from ~2009 onwards right?
do you know which period they are being charged with?

which years are they being accused of breaking the rules?

you need to factor that into your argument.

"only"? you know that the prem shares TV money equitably (unlike for example in spain).

wild distortions are not good for the health of the league.

a salary cap (of any kind) is bad for "elite clubs" but ...

it's not "ONLY" about self-interest .

defend crooks while claiming not to defend crooks brehs .... :mjlol:

2009/10 onwards right? So in my hypothetical context of Sheiks buying city in the abromovich times (early 2000s . .) there would be no issue. . .

Regarding me saying "only" - fair enough, better to say it was a pretty prominent reason :ufdup:

I get the feeling you and @Yippee Ki Yay are probably disgruntled Utd supporters who have spent the majority of the last decade saying City have been buying the league titles, but having to find a different tact because Utd have have now pretty much outspent City in the last decade with nothing to show for it :mjcry:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I get the feeling you and @Yippee Ki Yay are probably disgruntled Utd supporters who have spent the majority of the last decade saying City have been buying the league titles, but having to find a different tact because Utd have have now pretty much outspent City in the last decade with nothing to show for it :mjcry:
@Yippee Ki Yay :picard: