Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh. They can have that treble. A win is a win.
But they better not bring it up if City wins it

City don’t have enough fans, the celebrations will be tame and be forgotten about in 3 days.

But we’ll keep bringing it up when United fans want to talk :ufdup:

I will be there to help them make up the numbers.

Denying Arsenal their first league title in TWENTY years ✅

Helping consign Fergie's bummy treble winners to history once and for all ✅

We owe them one.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Claim to support Milan and we never see you there :hhh: Barca fan writing a thesis in defence of Fraudiola and your favorite Aryan :scust: nasty work :scusthov: the nerve to tag me in this bullshyt as well :camby:

It’s not even about all that breh. It’s about fans of one evil cooperation trying to act holy in the presence of another evil cooperation

Trying to play victim and shyt

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Yet fans want to behave like their teams are holier than thou :scust:

The best years of my team came with Berlusconi at the helm. I can never pretend

fergie-time-sir-alex-ferguson.gif

:blessed:

You knew what time it was when we were 1 nil down in 89th minute.
I know we brought players from our rivals, Fergie still one of the goats whenever y'all try to Coli.com it or not.:pachaha:

We gave Leeds a helping hand by giving them 30M for Ferdinand and those Yorkshire clowns still nearly went out of business.

Dunno why you tagged me breh. :dead:

Let's not bring up the match fixing shenanigans. :ufdup:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
If we're going to compete with Citeh in the near future. We need that Qatari injection. :manny:
No, we don't, we need the right people, players and a bit of luck, Liverpool have proved that.

Obviously the Glazers have failed at putting that into place so have to go, but Qatar isn't some guarantee of success, look at PSG.:scust:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Both things can be true. There's no way to compete with City, Newcastle (if they violate FFP), PSG etc. Only a state backed oil club can have Messi, Mbappe and Neymar on the same team with those wages/transfer fees. FFP should be taken seriously otherwise it's a wrap for the leagues. City deffo need points deducted for abusing the system and not drawing attention to themselves by doing a bunch of £60m transfers but with a deep squad on high salaries which is collectively the most expensive in the league. We nearly lost Salah because of our wage structure.

We're lucky PSG is not as well run as City. CL final every season would've been Qatar v Abu Dhabi

Man U money was based on their success on the field at least.

Having said that, Fergie needs an asterisk by his name :mjpls:..... he also bought success albeit with clean funds

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
:salute:

I’d do one about the scam that is Mourinhos doing more with less argument, but I feel only casuals think that.

People who follow ball know he has also spent his fair share of money, and it’s only his failures that have driven him to clubs like Spurs and Roma

It is "lack of seats" and is normal.

when pep leaves city he can't do big-spain (real), big uk (man utd/pool), big germany (bayern) which only leaves psg or something lower down.

examples:

ancelotti went from (as you would say 'seemingly terminally') "down to everton" to real madrid.

mou went from "down to inter" and then to man utd.

LVG went "down to az" and then to bayern and man utd.

fabio capello went "down to roma" and then to juve and real madrid.

trapettoni went "down to cagliari" and then to Bayern munich

arsene wenger went "down to grampus 8" then went to arsenal (and had the chance for real madrid)

Benitez went "down to napoli" and then went to real madrid.

bobby robson went "down to sporting and porto" and then to barcelona.

It is "lack of seats" as there are not many seats in the first place.

it's normal.

mou is a pragmatist and is gonna make his bread, not sit around waiting for someone at the few big clubs he can go to next to get fired.

if there are 5 - 10 great managers out there all in jobs and a couple of non-greats at big clubs (like xavi at barca and the psg manager now) there will not be enough seats for all the greats to be at "big clubs|". plus working at a big club normally eliminates you from their direct rivals (except it seems in italy). mou has done italy and after all the shyt he said cannot go to juve or milan. he has done the EPL and cannot go to Liverpool. he has done spain and cannot go to barca. so PSG is the obvious and ONLY easy one to go to next as bayern don't like his character.

it's basic sesame street level counting and elimination.

going to a "smaller club" does not mean you "are finished" as the above list shows.

it might be the case in american sports but not in european football.

He’s doing great at Roma tho. I can respect that @null :mjpls:

if I speak now I am in trouble but preemptive julesing ain't gonna work here ...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Hell of a history lesson in one post

I love this thread

it's biased babble before the court.

it's skewed analysis.

for example ronaldo was bought in 2004 when chelsea could outspend everyone and had the most money.

and we are talking about crimes NOT about having more/most money.

psg has more money.

newcastle has more/most money now.

chelsea had more/most money for years.

BUT they didn't break the rules like city so of course city is going to get more flack.

brehs can write para.graphs until the end of time but it will not change this fundamental truth.

they are defending CHEATS :hubie:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
it's biased babble before the court.

it's skewed analysis.

for example ronaldo was bought in 2004 when chelsea could outspend everyone and had the most money.

and we are talking about crimes NOT about having more/most money.

psg has more money.

newcastle has more/most money now.

chelsea had more/most money for years.

BUT they didn't break the rules like city so of course city is going to get more flack.

brehs can write para.graphs until the end of time but it will not change this fundamental truth.

they are defending CHEATS :hubie:
I get it’s in the stream of an argument but it’s good information for people not aware that they can dig further on and come to their own conclusions.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
All the neutrals rooting for City you really want the EPL to become like Seria A/Ligue 1 with the same winner every season?

We're doing you guys a favour. You're welcome.

Any other season we would be running away with it. We lost one game all season but we have to compete with a Frankstein's monster created by an oil rich gulf state :francis:

City face CL ban as new leaks reveal how they 'got around UEFA rules' | Daily Mail Online

Can't wait until UEFA clamps down on this.

@Roberto Firmino @Yippee Ki Yay

We've been trying to warn them for years when nobody was appreciating what we were doing. Now everybody outraged when they did the three peat and a treble. Would've been six straight titles if it wasn't for Liverpool

:pacspit:

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@African_brehda
rock-clapping.gif

That bummy treble being the pinnacle of his managerial career. Won a league title with a measly 79 points and a smash and grab CL win in injury time despite Bayern wiping the floor with his team for 90 minutes.

IN that final without keane and without scholes with beckham in central midfield.

Screenshot-2023-05-21-at-00-44-51.png

We played Bayerrn twice in the group that year with two draws. Then played Juve, Inter and Bayern in the knockout rounds.

Nothing bummy about that.

Screenshot-2023-05-21-at-00-38-41.png

Screenshot-2023-05-21-at-00-38-50.png

We didn't lose a game in the champions league that season.

Only 2 or 3 teams have won the champions league without losing a game.

edit: found this -

Screenshot-2023-05-21-at-00-42-08.png

MU did it in 1999. Barca did it. and I think Bayern did it.

SAF beat madrid to win the cup winners cup in 83.

breahs in here doing their sammy kuffour impressions :picard:

Screenshot-2023-05-21-at-00-50-36.png

Last edited: