Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Spent his fair share of money but has also done some unique shyt e.g Porto & Inter :yeshrug:

First year at Chelsea is still impressive too all things considered :wow:

Oh Mourinho has done some crazy shyt. I agree, 100%

Fergie also has. But when United fans act like Fergie was doing it in the face of some kind of adversity, that’s where I have an issue.

That chat should be left for Wenger and to a lesser extent imo, Klopp

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I forgot about Veron

So Veron in July 2001

Ferdinand July 2002

Ya man Fergie was smashing the transfer record every summer :mjpls:

Not to mention using United's clout to bully refs...even the BBC where the Head of the BBC had to go to his house to apologise because of a documentary which showed his son in an unfavourable light

Last edited:

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Oh Mourinho has done some crazy shyt. I agree, 100%

Fergie also has. But when United fans act like Fergie was doing it in the face of some kind of adversity, that’s where I have an issue.

That chat should be left for Wenger and to a lesser extent imo, Klopp

Yeah your post made me respect what Klopp and Wenger did alot more :wow:

He should have left earlier but Arsene was really up against it :wow:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Really though it's either incredible idiocy or willful ignorance to not see the distinction between Man Utd taking advantage of their status as one of the biggest clubs in England by WINNING during a boom era of the Premier League(a lot of luck involved) and a small club injected with state backed funds as a sportswashing project.:francis:

That's before you even get into the fact they have repeatedly flouted the rules of the game and essentially cheated to to get where they are.

No one is denying the product on the pitch is nothing short of magnificent, and they probably could have got there eventually without breaking the rules and cheating, but they didn't, they cheated.:manny:

I know most football fans on the internet dgaf about this stuff and cool, whatever, enjoy things the way you wish to enjoy them.

But the whole project is a soulless zombie, led currently by one of the greatest football managers and tacticians of all time, slowly choking football to death, all because some lads from the gulf wanted respect in the west.

Oh and this isn't some United aren't good shyt, unlike many in here i actually understand that not every club has the divine right to win based on size or reputation, which is why i stay calm on United.

But real City fans aside, the whole club, organisation, project, PR campaign for Abu Dhabi can get in the fukking bin as far as i'm concerned, their accomplishments will forever never mean shyt.:camby:
If we're going to compete with Citeh in the near future. We need that Qatari injection. :manny:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Let me go Arsenal fan hunting

terminator-game-face.gif

Can’t believe I forgot to tag you breh. I was too happy exposing Frauderson :wow:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@African_brehda
rock-clapping.gif

That bummy treble being the pinnacle of his managerial career. Won a league title with a measly 79 points and a smash and grab CL win in injury time despite Bayern wiping the floor with his team for 90 minutes.

Only good thing about City winning the treble is we will never hear about that shyt again.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
It’s gonna be a long one brehs. Brace yourselves :wow:

Manchester United, you have bullied the EPL for years. You tried to make it like Serie Ass and Bunda Liga. But thank God for money

Gather around by Coli brethren, let me take you through a tale of monopoly and revisionist history. Today we are exposing

Mind you, he hasn’t yet won the EPL before he starts shopping like a Kardashian. This even shocked me when I checked. Won the EPL 6 years after being in the league

Gilver talking about talking about the love of the game? Crehgro please. Tell me if this is love.

Tell me if incapacitating your competition is love for the game breh

Tell me if these are the so called average players United fans rave about

1989- he brings back Mark Hughes from Barcelona- 1.8 million pounds making it 2nd all time English transfer

Same 1989 he buys Gary Pallister for 2.9 million pounds - breaking the English transfer record

3 years later, buys Roy Keane for 3.7 million pounds- Broke transfer record AGAIN :ohhh:
Literally bullied Blackburn Rovers who already had an agreement with him.

2 years later, signs Andy Cole after he set the 34 goal record- transfer record smashed again. 7.5 million pounds

Wanted shearer too

Very next season, he signs Ole making him most expensive Norwegian transfer of all time. Yes, the same Ole you know as a super sub was a transfer record

Very same season, he forced Spurs hand to sign Sheringham. I won’t even talk about how they tapped up Sheringham, literally making Spurs settle for half the asking price. They sell him for 3.5 million

So now he has Ole, Cole and Sheringham in a two striker formation, meaning one record signing must settle to be a rotation player :dwillhuh:

The following year, he snaps up Dwight Yorke from Villa for 13 million pounds- 2nd most expensive British transfer at that time

Now this man has 3 of the 4 most expensive English strikers in his team.

Buys Stam from PSV the following week for 15 million- joint record with Shearer at the time

2 years later. He makes Bathez the most expensive keeper at that time

As at the turn of the millennium, the average spending for the highest spending team in the EPL is 19 million

So what does Fergie do? He spends 58 million that summer

Buys Veron for 21 million and Ruud for 19 million- then proceeds to lose the league to Wenger

The following season, he breaks British record again by signing Ferdinand for 22 million. He has done it again

Buys Ronaldo for 13 million, making him the most expensive teenager in football - because Wenger who was not able to spend that kind of money on a teenager ( yeah, they’ve been bums forever)

Following season, he proceeds to buy a teenage Rooney for 27 million at the time. Serie Ass teams right now struggle to come up with that kind of money in the year of our Lord 2023

2 seasons later. Proceeds to buy Anderson for 27 million, equals his own teenager record he set with Rooney

Proceeds to buy Berbatov. In fact, strong arms Spurs, by announcing the signing hisself. Buys him for 30 million

2 seasons later. Proceeds to buy De Gea for 18 million. After his very first top flight season. Makes him the second all time GK transfer at the time

Proceeds to buy Phil jones for 17 million. Yes, that Phil Jones- makes him 2nd most expensive English teenager of all time. Bet most of the brehs didn’t know this

There was no FFP at the time, look at what that lavish man was doing?

It’s my turn to spend, and you put FFP in place.. and you think I’ll play by the rules put in place to protect your legacies, when I know all cooperations are evil? You must be sick in the head

When looking at Forbes list of rich teams in the past, it’s just United and Madrid dominance throughout.

He’s walking into clubs, buying their best players and crippling them

Assembles star studded teams and dominates the league

Now onto the scam that is the class of 92. Man, the way they wax lyrical about them, you’d think they were home raised galacticos.

Till you check the starting 11 of their first UCL win
Neville
Beckham
Butt (filling in for a hurt Keane)
Scholes (I think he was suspended)
And Giggs

You’re telling me those 4 were the pillars of the team as compared to Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Stam, Keane, Schmeicel?

If an argument can even be made, then are they as Teflon as they try to make them sound?

Now, in 2008, Scholes was the only academy player starting for that them. So much for that homegrown bullshyt

Now let’s look at what happened when big Daddy Abramovic got to Chelsea

Barclays money is in full effect now. Money is going around the league, United is no longer the only rich team. You can’t just bully teams into giving you players. They now have money too

MouriWOAT comes with his money too. Points record at that time is 92 points by Ferguson. In a 42 game season. And barely scraping 79 point seasons after outspending everybody

MouriWOAT gets 95 points in his very first season. You see what happens when we can also spend? Wins the league in his first try, with his pure Satan ball

Now, leaving a legacy involves doing shyt nobody can do
Wengers unbeaten season
Pep 100 points
MouriWOAT 15 goals conceded
Notice how we have names for them, The Invicibles, the centurions?

Fergie timers? Howard webbs? Class of 92?

Today. Before our very own eyes, Pep has broken the 3Peat record

His very own United will be the very first line of defense against his treble record being broken. We wait now. I rest my case

@TobiOT you’re my breh, but I had to do this
wwe-sorry.gif

@ThrobbingHood
@null
@SCORCH
@Gilver
@Yayo Toure
@Roberto Firmino
@Yippee Ki Yay
@jj23
@Regular Developer
@Bboystyle
@Piffiztheanswer
@phcitywarrior
@nyknick
@Trajan
@OneManGang
@Ukbrotha
@bigdaddy88
@Liu Kang
@The ADD
@Blessings
@DapMeUp!
@Hater (cos that’s what I am)
@Peak
@phillycavsfan
@MikelArteta
@Ian_Carter
@Givethanks
@Low End Derrick
@SubZeroDegrees
@Iceson Beckford

Just noticed how big this community actually is. :russ:

Sorry if I left anyone out
Claim to support Milan and we never see you there :hhh: Barca fan writing a thesis in defence of Fraudiola and your favorite Aryan :scust: nasty work :scusthov: the nerve to tag me in this bullshyt as well :camby:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
The phenomenon of Fergie time goes back to a game in the very first Premier League season, 1992/3, says Duncan Alexander of Opta Sports, which collates data from the football leagues.

It was Man Utd v Sheffield Wednesday and the score was 1-1 after 90 minutes. Seven minutes of added time were given, during which Steve Bruce scored for Man Utd, clearing the way for their first top-flight title in 26 years.

When Man Utd were losing, they had an average of four minutes and 37 seconds added time, Alexander says, compared with three minutes and 18 seconds when they were winning.
"So you can see there that in games they lost, they got more time," he says.

@African_brehda they're not that different to Barca and Juve :mjpls:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
@African_brehda
rock-clapping.gif

That bummy treble being the pinnacle of his managerial career. Won a league title with a measly 79 points and a smash and grab CL win in injury time despite Bayern wiping the floor with his team for 90 minutes.

Only good thing about City winning the treble is we will never hear about that shyt again.
Don't :ufdup:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
@African_brehda
rock-clapping.gif

Oh. They can have that treble. A win is a win.
But they better not bring it up if City wins it

City don’t have enough fans, the celebrations will be tame and be forgotten about in 3 days.

But we’ll keep bringing it up when United fans want to talk :ufdup: