Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Other than the SuperLeague stuff, FSG were pretty good as far as billionaire owners go. Hired good managers and expanded Anfield to help the club compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City.

If they sell, we're likely getting some loopy American billionaire like Chelsea or some super sketchy sportswashing nation-state like Newcastle and Man City. Not good.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
If we beat real Madrid then we are favorites to win the whole thing..however I dont have faith even if Diaz jota etc are all back....Madrid seemed to be our boogey team

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Another PSG Bayern in the ko stage. That's the 3rd one in the last 4 years I think albeit one was a final and the other one was a semi.

Anyway, good matches overall for the R16. Apart from the City game, they all seem well balanced.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Other than the SuperLeague stuff, FSG were pretty good as far as billionaire owners go. Hired good managers and expanded Anfield to help the club compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City.

If they sell, we're likely getting some loopy American billionaire like Chelsea or some super sketchy sportswashing nation-state like Newcastle and Man City. Not good.

A bid from the Middle East was submitted to the owners before news broke of the club’s involvement in the failed European Super League.

But John Henry knocked back the bid, according to the Mirror.

FSG are now under pressure to sell the club after signing up to the ESL, which has sparked an angry backlash from fans.

Other potential buyers – the majority of whom are from the Middle East – are ready to pounce if they decide to sell up.

It will be a sheikh

Daps

Yeah they were good in that aspect but they didnt really like pumping money into the club for player purchases

I dont really want them to go as they have good relationship with Klopp and i dont want another American owners or be owned by a nation-state

And i certainly dont want some retard new owners who wants to stamp his mark on the club straight away by getting rid of Klopp as he isnt their man, see what went on at Chelsea for a prime example of that type of behaviour

Maybe FSG saw the sale of Chelsea and how much someone paid for it and thought this is the best time to cash out for maximum profits

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: didn't see this coming

Maybe they getting out quick so they don't have to foot the bill for our massive rebuild needed in the summer :jbhmm:

That plus a looming global recession. Mostly, they are realizing that in football unless you build your academy (which could take a decade plus) you get ONE squad for around 3-4 seasons. After that its time for another $100m plus investment into players. That's a tough pill to swallow for most American ownership.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Given some of the controversy surrounding middle eastern owners, don‘t rule out another American owner coming in for Liverpool. The FA received criticism for allowing the sale of Newcastle to the Saudis and with the increasingly loud pushback the Qatar WC is receiving, I think they’re gonna practice a bit more discernment this time around. I think Chelsea was sold to Todd Boehly for this exact reason too.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
A bid from the Middle East was submitted to the owners before news broke of the club’s involvement in the failed European Super League.

It will be a sheikh

And I’ll defend it by saying “Well we rose from 8th to CL and PL champions, clearly they recognised our work ethic and effort, it was inevitable that’d we would be awarded in some way rather than be made artificial” :ehh::lolbron:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
20221104_071550.jpg

Did he go shopping with MJ?:picard: