Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Cisse is arguably my favorite national side manager. And he's totally right. No one bats an eye at bullshyt Nations League or whatever. But when it comes to AFCON there's the "should they go?" or "shouldn't they stay with the club"? But soon as Salah said "fukk that I want to win AFCON" people started paying attention. Literally no one even DARES talking to Messi or Neymar for turning up full force for Copa America.

If I'm a player of international quality I'm playing for my nation, period.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
This reeks of desperation..hes not ready for united and needs another season at ajax. Im telling you now this will be horrible signing for both sides. If antony wants to ruin his career than so be it :ehh:
Not sure about the price tag, but it forces those clowns to cough up the money they were stashing away so fukk it.

Ajax getting Ziyech on loan I think.
@SCORCH

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Cisse is arguably my favorite national side manager. And he's totally right. No one bats an eye at bullshyt Nations League or whatever. But when it comes to AFCON there's the "should they go?" or "shouldn't they stay with the club"? But soon as Salah said "fukk that I want to win AFCON" people started paying attention. Literally no one even DARES talking to Messi or Neymar for turning up full force for Copa America.

If I'm a player of international quality I'm playing for my nation, period.

The real issue is the placement and frequency of the tournament. Afcon is every 2 years. Copa is like whenever they want it too be. Asian Cup is every 4 years same as the Euros. No one says anything about the Copa because its played in the Summer. BUT the South American players get shyt for going to World Cup qualifiers which is throughout the season.

If Asia had more dominant players in Europe like SA and Africa do they would get shyt for the Asian Cup which historically starts in January like Afcon does. But next years Asian Cup like Afcon is taking place is the summer. which is the not the best football weather on those continents. Monsoon season in Asia is June-September. And Afcon have generally been against a summer tournament because June is the end of the first rainy season for East West and Central Africa and North Africa is too hot which leaves Southern Africa which is in its winter.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
The real issue is the placement and frequency of the tournament. Afcon is every 2 years.

Pretty much this. Most AFCONs are smack in the middle of the Euro club season and usually every 2 yrs at that. Only time it can be hosted in the summer is if it’s hosted in a N. African country or South Africa. Anywhere else in SubSaharan Africa would encounter serious rain and there’s an infrastructure gap with having closed roof stadiums across most of the African continent.