Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

:mjlol: Great endorsement from the former Academy manager & Director of Development. Seriously he's been at the club for what nearly 9 years? what improvements has he made in his former roles that come to fruition?

Garner is probably the only player they can get rid of due his low wages not being an obstacle.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They did say he has gone off the boil in recent times. It was more about his impact in the first 18 months oppose to his last 12 months. Which if we keeping it reality lasted longer than anyone on that list. :ld:

47m spent and 50+ goal contributions in total in those 18 months. Regardless of what you think of his playing style/performances. Numbers wises and United were somewhat trending up in that same period he was a successful signing. :hubie:

Yeah but it's the fallacy of #s in football. The high risk, high reward style of attacking isn't sustainable and you'll rarely beat top teams doing that. Now Bruno is married to that style and you see so many good attacks go to waste when Bruno gets the ball. Idk what they are gonna do with him.

Some said Nunez himself made death threats but they weren't taken seriously because they know he'd miss.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah but it's the fallacy of #s in football. The high risk, high reward style of attacking isn't sustainable and you'll rarely beat top teams doing that. Now Bruno is married to that style and you see so many good attacks go to waste when Bruno gets the ball. Idk what they are gonna do with him.

Some said Nunez himself made death threats but they weren't taken seriously because they know he'd miss.

I don't mean to get in my Christianity bag, but I used to think that verse where Jesus was talking in front of his home crowd and everybody was ready to throw him off a cliff was nuts. I was like "I'm glad we're more civilized these days". Naaaah, we're not, lol. Social media has shown just how nuts people are. Between people just saying whatever, and then the crazy situations caught on video, people are just as crazy and unhinged as we've always been

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
You talking about Paul Kariya? Absolutely not. I meant that Hockey Players and Football players don't flop and it takes a lot for them to stay on the ground/ice for more than 5 seconds
I do understand why soccer players flop tho. Defenders spent so long getting away with murder and the only way players could get fouls called is by stimulation.

but then again, im of the opinion that defenders should not be allowed to use their hands to slow down attackin players… :yeshrug:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I do understand why soccer players flop tho. Defenders spent so long getting away with murder and the only way players could get fouls called is by stimulation.

but then again, im of the opinion that defenders should not be allowed to use their hands to slow down attackin players… :yeshrug:
I don't mind using arms if the players are side by side, as long as you don't like wind up and hit someone. the grabbing from behind, I think should always be a foul though.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

@Roberto Firmino Reading this knowing he can't reply.

557R8Yw.gif

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Ngl I would be furious as a Man U fan right now.

I don't recall a more poor window from a squad that so obviously needed rebuilding.
So many people's heads should be rolling for allowing this squad to start the season.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Man Utd didn't want to pay the 5M for Moises Caicedo. Now they want him from Brighton who obviously won't sell, unless it's a hefty fee.....

Arse backwards club.:mjlol:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Lowkey United brehs, i knew we were in trouble the moment we paid damn near 40 million for Marouane Fellaini.:hubie:. it was a sign of “big buys” to come