Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
People gotta stop going at Kante like this when trying to defend Pogba.

Kante 'knows his place' lol why? Because he just plays ball and keeps a low profile?

An innocent black man characterised as some docile c00n all in the defence of Pogba. :dead:

It's nothing against Kante, breh is just living his life. I'm sure he doesn't even give a damn about making cacs comfortable, but they definitely prefer black men like him(short, quiet, not flashy) as opposed to dudes like Pogba (tall, flashy dresser, confident).

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're not wrong, BUT. They only like Kante cause he's doesn't speak much, aka:
"He's one of the good ones" :mjpls:

"He's harmless":mjpls:

Nah, can't agree with this.

Kante is a brilliant footballer, one who most rational football fans rate despite their allegiances.

He has a fairly unique story, played lower league football well into his 20s, helped propel Leicester to a league title etc. All those memes about water covering 70% of the earth and Kante the rest etc have nothing to do with race, but more about his ability. Significantly more people admire Kante for what he does on the football pitch than those that like his personality, or that he once drove a Mini.

Just this week I read a lot of praise and support for Mark Noble after pictures emerged of him sweeping the away dressing room in Lyon. That's something he apparently always does because he doesn't want the cleaners having to come back to a total mess. Kante has never done something like that but is somehow the posterboy of docile footballers because he smiles :mjlol:

Supporting Pogba but in the same breath demeaning another black player is some weird shyt.

Last edited:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Nah, can't agree with this.

Kante is a brilliant footballer, one who most rational football fans rate despite their allegiances.

He has a fairly unique story, played lower league football well into his 20s, helped propel Leicester to a league title etc. All those memes about water covering 70% of the earth and Kante the rest etc have nothing to do with race, but more about his ability. Significantly more people admire Kante for what he does on the football pitch than those that like his personality, or that he once drove a Mini.

Just this week I read a lot of praise and support for Mark Noble after pictures emerged of him sweeping the away dressing room in Lyon. That's something he apparently always does because he doesn't want the cleaners having to come back to a total mess. Kante has never done something like that but is somehow the posterboy of docile footballers because he smiles :mjlol:

Supporting Pogba but in the same breath demeaning another black player is some weird shyt.
Nothing you said is wrong :manny:

But you lying to yourself if you think that if he had same personality as Paulie Pogs that the discourse about him wouldn’t be different :mjpls:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Real talk, it was dicey in the end but just like Fraudioala outthinks himself in big games, Kloppo errs too much on the side of caution :francis: and it’s mad to me because he wants us to be brave and the amount of times he’s been unhappy with us not doing that in normal games :snoop:

I pray this is an epiphany for him :blessed:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People gotta stop going at Kante like this when trying to defend Pogba.

Kante 'knows his place' lol why? Because he just plays ball and keeps a low profile?

An innocent black man characterised as some docile c00n all in the defence of Pogba. :dead:
100% Kante just a different personality than Pogba.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing you said is wrong :manny:

But you lying to yourself if you think that if he had same personality as Paulie Pogs that the discourse about him wouldn’t be different :mjpls:

Maybe but again that's just such a throwaway comment that doesn't take into account the path both players had into football.

Kante literally hustled his way from the depths of lower league football in France and that shaped his personality. If he's humble it's because of that. How people then react to his personality is on them. My man being described as somebody 'who knows his place' is compete and utter bullshyt.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Maybe but again that's just such a throwaway comment that doesn't take into account the path both players had into football.

Kante literally hustled his way from the depths of lower league football in France and that shaped his personality. If he's humble it's because of that. How people then react to his personality is on them. My man being described as somebody 'who knows his place' is compete and utter bullshyt.
No I hear that we shouldn’t veer into Coli nikka territory we better than that in here :hhh: and Kante don’t need tore down to make the point you 100% right.

But it’s just an unfortunate truth that one type of personality is more palatable than the other to a lot of people, I think we can and should be able to comment on that :hubie:

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yet when he plays for france hes world class. Man U failed him with trash team and managers

Whatever the case may be. Fact is Pogba does not deserve a new bumper contract and needs to just disappear.

We already have a ready made replacement in James Garner who is currently out on loan.