Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
bullshyt call

and lol @ those gif tricks. velez was keeping santos quiet as fukk. too bad

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
isn't landon's interview with grant wahl interesting? why is it that american soccer players seem like the most grounded and humble sports players in the world? (slight exaggeration)

The Throw-In: Contemplating the Galaxy, post-Donovan | MLSsoccer.com

There comes a time in every player’s career when he realizes he’s probably been to the top of the mountain. He’s still more than capable, but his physical skills aren’t what they used to be. He still wants to win, but he’s already achieved more than he ever dreamed. He’s got a few years left, but the end is a lot closer than the beginning.

Landon Donovan seems to be in that place. He recently turned 30 and is almost universally recognized as the greatest player the United States has ever produced. He’s a three-time World Cup veteran, a four-time MLS Cup winner, named US Soccer Athlete of the Year four times, and is decorated in all kinds of other titles and awards for both club and country.

He’s played the game on every continent on earth and he’s earned paychecks from clubs in some of the toughest leagues in the world.

Through it all, one thing has never been in question: his hunger.

But recent comments from the Galaxy star show that even he knows that is changing. Here’s what he told a group of reporters in Orlando on Wednesday:

I think all players reach a point in their career where it's natural to lose some of that hunger, that desire, to sort of break out or be a star. … That's a part that's always a challenge for athletes: trying to keep the passion alive while knowing it's still your job. There's no question that, at some point, probably sooner rather than later, I'll be pretty burned out. … There's a natural point where it's not as fun anymore, not as enjoyable and you still try to find ways to keep it enjoyable.

Original SI interview: Landon Donovan discusses future with L.A. Galaxy, Team USA in Q&A - Grant Wahl - SI.com

very real stuff

what's left for him, really? one last hurrah in 2014

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
damn brehs, i was gonna go outside and all.. but its raining. and theres u/libertad to go. so.. :whistle:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
yyou see that, with velez players diving the fukk outta the way?

they're afraid this c*nt will just dive and the refs will bail them out AGAIN with a pen

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
damn brehs, i was gonna go outside and all.. but its raining. and theres u/libertad to go. so.. :whistle:

Left the crib at halftime to cram in a quick session at the gym, luckily for me this is Brazil and of course the game would be on

What a pass by Ganso to set up the goal...on to penalties then