Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Where does that leave the likes of Cruyff? Platini? Baggio?

Not all the greatest players have won a world cup...

So u would say Baggio qualifies as a goat candidate? im talkin bout when it all comes down the debate who is the best player that's played the game im sure that neither of em qualify as the best of all times even tho these players were outstanding! i could make an exception 4 cruyff tho cause he revolutionized the game!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
messi.gif

8 games against Chelsea = 0 goals

That's 8 games against the world's best keeper and he can't find a way through.

But here's somebody who found a way past Cech

Ronaldinho Amazing Goal vs Chelsea 08/03/2005 Full HD Video - YouTube

Yeah, not scoring against Cech/Chelsea should be the criteria to judge the best players.:lolbron:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa::whoa:

Don't ever compare Messi to Cruyff da gawd.

Messi was never the voice of a generation while creating a brand new style of football with his back to the wall facing kidnappings and death threats from state sponsored Argentine death squads. Breh. :skip:

B-b-b-but Cruyff never won a world cup!!!

He can't be the greatest because he never won it on the biggest stage!

I feel idiotic just typing it out...:snoop:

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Imagine Messi was British? You euro-cacs would be unbearable. But now all of the sudden we talkin' world cups just cuz dude is Argentinian.

'Cism.

cacs? :usure: u should travel to latinamerica and argentina then u'll see what im talkin bout people remember the world cups cause they represent the whole nation not their foreign club, showing heart for your nation :obama:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
messi.gif

8 games against Chelsea = 0 goals

That's 8 games against the world's best keeper and he can't find a way through.

But here's somebody who found a way past Cech

Ronaldinho Amazing Goal vs Chelsea 08/03/2005 Full HD Video - YouTube

True, I forgot that scoring against Cech is the ultimate test to know if you're a great player or not.
If you assist against him, does it count tho ?

[ame=http://youtu.be/8_0fs7ptVX4]Gol de Iniesta al Chelsea en Onda Cero - YouTube[/ame]

I know Messi is talentless and all but at the 91st minute of a crucial game, having the lucidity to pass the ball when you are able to score by yourself is kinda good from him ain't it ?
And I was rooting for Chelsea back then. That goal crushed me when I saw it live :to:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
And I was rooting for Chelsea back then. That goal crushed me when I saw it live :to:

I was the opposite, I wasn't stanning Barca but I liked what they were doing, I celebrated that so hard

:childplease: :stopitslime: disgusted in myself for that now

or maybe not, maybe they did a heel turn

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
Hum, so the DFB-Ligapokal (League Cup) was official then ?
Ok :manny:

They made the cup for that season and deaded it right after the season. They made it an official cup so technically it was BUT;

Bayern Munich was involved in starting the cup because they needed the money it would bring because the german league start was pushed back due to the olympics that year. It was essentially a made up preseason tournament that they made official to make money because Bayern had an expensive squad to pay for.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
As for the "Messi hasnt won the world cup so he cant be the greatest" argument..

You're telling me that if Messi had chose to play for spain, which he could've, he would've been the goat? Like does that make him a better player? Dude would've had 2 euros and a world cup now along with 3 CL titles, 5 la liga titles and all them individual accolades. Sorry but thats idiotic.

He Will go down as the goat nomatter if he gets the world cup or not.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
ah yes, facebook friend just posted that Messi is the greatest of all time.

*shoots laptop*

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
You know this thread is going through a shytty period when Messi is the topic of discussion. It's always a different wave of new posters saying the same shyt. :snoop:

I demand a yoyoyo update from a random corner of the world.