Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
obsessed by the greatest achievement in sports, being WORLD CHAMPIONS the focus of the biggest sporting event EVER, yeah sure

He's done everything else but some people seem to hang onto the World Cup, just so they have something to hate/knock him. The Champions League arguably means a lot more to players nowadays. I doubt he'll win the World Cup because Argentina arent setup like Barca. It doesn't bother me one bit, still a top class player and the greatest of his kind that I've ever seen.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
tell me any players who grew up dreaming of winning a champions league, and i'll tell you who's a fukking fakkit

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why? Because he's scored a million goals against the likes of Osasuna and Tenerife?

When I was a kid I dreamt of being a player like Ronaldinho. Can you even begin to imagine possessing that level of skill? :dwillhuh:

I never once dreamt of being a roided up midget with no charisma. Have you seen the Turkish Airline ads ffs? :heh:

Because he has brought it against every opponent put before him, league, copa, champions league, champion league finals etc.

Ronnie was the prototype, could have been the blueprint if he chose to leave the sniff and carnivals alone.:manny:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
He's done everything else but some people seem to hang onto the World Cup, just so they have something to hate/knock him. The Champions League arguably means a lot more to players nowadays. I doubt he'll win the World Cup because Argentina arent setup like Barca. It doesn't bother me one bit, still a top class player and the greatest of his kind that I've ever seen.

:comeon:

Alex Hleb is a better dribbler than Messi. Anyone could be the greatest with that midfield backing them.

His records, play and achievements are horrendously overrated.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Scary thing about Messi is that when he gets older and loses some pace/aceleration he could easily slot into a deeper role and just lay on those through balls. He has an incredible weight of pass.:ohlawd:

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Messi da Gawd.

We are watching the GOAT in his prime people...

:salute:

And miss me with that World Cup shyt...like this ain't a team sport.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Some of highest rated players haven't even played in World Cups. George Best for one :manny:

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps

:wtf: hate/knock :wtf: all of the greatest players have won the world cup!! pele maradona zidane ronaldinho i could go on, they've all been the greatest in the world stage so if u were to compare messi and them in the future and messi not having the world cup would be an issue because some would say he only performed in club competition

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: hate/knock :wtf: all of the greatest players have won the world cup!! pele maradona zidane ronaldinho i could go on, they've all been the greatest in the world stage so if u were to compare messi and them in the future and messi not having the world cup would be an issue because some would say he only performed in club competition

Where does that leave the likes of Cruyff? Platini? Baggio?

Not all the greatest players have won a world cup...

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because he has brought it against every opponent put before him, league, copa, champions league, champion league finals etc.

Ronnie was the prototype, could have been the blueprint if he chose not leave the sniff and carnivals alone.:manny:

messi.gif

8 games against Chelsea = 0 goals

That's 8 games against the world's best keeper and he can't find a way through.

But here's somebody who found a way past Cech

Last edited by a moderator:

Filthy McNasty

><(((*>
Daps
Imagine Messi was British? You euro-cacs would be unbearable. But now all of the sudden we talkin' world cups just cuz dude is Argentinian.

'Cism.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Where does that leave the likes of Cruyff?

:whoa::whoa:

Don't ever compare Messi to Cruyff da gawd.

Messi was never the voice of a generation while creating a brand new style of football with his back to the wall facing kidnappings and death threats from state sponsored Argentine death squads. Breh. :skip: