Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont understand how people are asking how mancini isnt sacked yet. as i said if he was going to be sacked it would've happened.

he wont two trophies two years in a row after 33 without a trophy at all. we dont just toss managers in the bushes without good reason!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Mancini isn't sacked cos although he's not good enough, they're not dumb enough to give him the boot without having a replacement lined up.

Probably be Mourinho this summer.

Whats the point of sackin Mancini when the only people they would want to replace him arent avaliable as of yet. They still unbeaten in the league and a win vs United on Sunday they go top.
[...]

I agree with the unavailability of the replacements... My point was not clear enough. I meant I don't see any pressure on Mancini with those disappointing results. PSG has like 3 losses in a row in the league yet are 1st in their CL group, 4th in the league, still in for the French cup and the owners already angry.

City being built to win trophies (although they only invested in attacking options) but what have they won since 2010 ? A premier league title, that's all ? The squad is worth 400 Mill €... come on.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
i dont understand how people are asking how mancini isnt sacked yet. as i said if he was going to be sacked it would've happened.

he wont two trophies two years in a row after 33 without a trophy at all. we dont just toss managers in the bushes without good reason!
:whoa: If you are a supporter and satisfied with this, I can't say anything...
I'm just surprised how low Mancini's achievements are and how poor the team plays considering the means that were invested in this club that's all. :ld:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I'm just surprised how low Mancini's achievements are and how poor the team plays considering the means that were invested in this club that's all. :ld:

They only play badly in Europe. Outside of this season I always thought they had a pass or performed as well as they should.

Last season was there first in CL. Players need time to gel. They got 10 points in an incredibly tough group.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

im not satisfied but i just dealt with it 2 weeks ago when we were actually eliminated and focused all my emotion unto other competitions.

im not gonna start a sack mancini campaign. but i do feel its right to allow him to finish the season and see if he is able to win the league again.

becuase going back to back is not necesarilly easy. and im not the type that likes to throw managers in the bushes mid season

but i do believe mancini needs to sort out our offensive troubles with as much talent as there is. it should be simple:ld: we should be playing with a bit more pace especially on the counter. im not happy but im not gonna let other fans talk about MY manager thats my job!

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
The Jay stans in the Ether Day thread. :laugh:

Didn't know Jay-Z birthday was the same day as Ether dropper. Clever. Nas....won.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a city fan Mancini has to go. You can't have this much star power on one squad and not know how to make things work. There's NO unity on the pitch, it's all individual talent that always gets us by. I've yet to watch a game this season were I felt like they were all on the same page.

One poster mentioned mourhino to take over. That's all good until he decides to take on another challenge two years later. I would much rather a manager that's here for the long haul.

And fukk the managers that talk shyt about teams like city and psg because if they had the cash to splash they'd be doing the same thing.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
As a city fan Mancini has to go. You can't have this much star power on one squad and not know how to make things work. There's NO unity on the pitch, it's all individual talent that always gets us by. I've yet to watch a game this season were I felt like they were all on the same page.

One poster mentioned mourhino to take over. That's all good until he decides to take on another challenge two years later. I would much rather a manager that's here for the long haul.

And fukk the managers that talk shyt about teams like city and psg because if they had the cash to splash they'd be doing the same thing.

This! and Mancini is very careless when it comes to transfers. He doesn't care how much it costs, the wages the player is going to be on, the wage bill.....if he doesn't get it, then he publicly criticize the club.

He wanted De Rossi, Javi Martinez, and RVP, these players in total would have cost City over 200 million pounds when you count wages, transfer fees and agent fees.

Why buy Dzeko for 30 million pounds and pay him 200k wages when you already have adebayor who is at least as good as him? Why buy Nasri and give him 165K wages when you dont even play him that much?

-plus reports out of madrid is that Mourinho will be gone at the end of the season.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This! and Mancini is very careless when it comes to transfers. He doesn't care how much it costs, the wages the player is going to be on, the wage bill.....if he doesn't get it, then he publicly criticize the club.

He wanted De Rossi, Javi Martinez, and RVP, these players in total would have cost City over 200 million pounds when you count wages, transfer fees and agent fees.

Why buy Dzeko for 30 million pounds and pay him 200k wages when you already have adebayor who is at least as good as him? Why buy Nasri and give him 165K wages when you dont even play him that much?

-plus reports out of madrid is that Mourinho will be gone at the end of the season.

Right. and reports has it that hes STILL after De Rossi and might sign him this coming transfer window, after buying two mids garcia (16 million,) and Rodwell (15 million).

I understand his frustration on not getting his first choice targets and having to settle for last minute second options but his frustration probably should have been kept in house.

It doesnt make sense to sack him right now but if we dont win the league im pretty sure hes gone. Mourinho is a brillaint coach but he puts him self ahead of any club hes with. Since we got those two ex barca staff members Iam just hoping they lure pep guardiola over. that would be :win:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

In the transfer market there are two prices: The market value and the Man City price, which is typically 10-15 m more than the player is actually worth. With FFP rules coming into effect City have curbed the spending and are taking a stance, but we are too far in the hole to ever bid on a big name player who is truly worth the price(Falcao, Isco[who has a release clause so we might still get him] etc.). We got fukked on wages too, so most of our players are unsellable. Nobody is going to want Kolo Toure, Lescott, Barry at their wages...

City's best bet is to ride it out with Mancini and build up our profile(and UEFA coefficient) and win some more domestic titles. Mancini is horrible in Europe and no transfers are going to change that, esp. with Platini putting us in the group of death every year.

With that being said if he flops in Europe again next season he should be fired on the spot.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
"Your 3rd Cousin, Twice Removed, Twice Added, Once Exiled Needs a Place To Stay"

:laff:

clicked the second I saw "your third cousin" thinking it was another H@LLOW thread (automatic click of course) :whoo:

then saw the absurdist thread title :russ:

then saw who created it :heh:

btw, MXC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>