Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

looking at the last 5 years might be too far. eufa do that because they cannot look forward but his retrospect analysis can.

IMO the year after the one in question is more relevant that the one 5 seasons ago.

so rather than

Y-4, Y-3, Y-2, Y-1, Y as the coefficient set, use Y-3, Y-2, Y-1, Y, Y+1 or even Y-3/2, Y-2, Y-1, Y, Y+1, Y+2/2

also the 2011 result might be skewed by Man Utd (and english teams) then recent dominant performance. using his ranking the 2011 team is considered better than then 2008 because the coefficient is calculated in the past, although it was not better. this is magnified given the EPL churn and how badly Man Utd did between 2001 and 2006 domestically and in europe.

this will be the case for any team which does well for a few isolated years, with the latter years being boosted even though they were largely the same team.

the Eufa cup and CWC being disrespected is a newbie thing.

People showing their lack of knowledge.

It wasn't always like it is now. There used to be three Eufa comps (all with prestige) and teams like Roma, Ajax etc had their own greats and were superior to teams these new-lings worship.

:ufdup:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
That Ramsdale transfer is wild he was one of the worst keepers in the premier league last season

He's got that latter career Hart thing where he repeatedly lets stupid shyt in :mjlol:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm finally been thinking a little bit more indepth about Arteta's tactics. These are just my thoughts, so let me know if you're assessing differently

I think that Arteta's tactics are supposed to make decision making easier for his players. If you can't find a pass to make, or anywhere to run, the system helps you find a pass. But the problem is is this system relies on visionary passers or ball carriers to make better passes that are instinctively. This makes me think of Phil Jackson's triangle offense. It makes the game easier for non creative players, but without one or 2 players who create instinctively, the system is predictable.

I'll blame Arteta for not changing his tactics with the personnel he has on the field, but I'm understanding the players we're filling in the roster with. I know sometimes we joke, his system just needs world class players to work. I think its moreso his system needs world class midfields moreso than worldclass wingers or strikers. Partey, ESR, and Odegaard (And Sambi has the ideas, but he can improve his passing accuracy) are our best passers with vision. Xhaka seems to execute better progressive passes when he's next to Partey, so I'd almost put him. Once Partey comes back, we should be much better. And hopefully Sambi will be able to put his passes on a dime as he plays more.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

There's a queue on the website. :mjcry:
Time to go to DHGate. :mjgrin:

Why go to DHGate unless you really just don't want to pay full price?

Every other website will be selling it shortly.

Adidas truly puts more time and effort into making kits for Ajax than the do probably any other team. Almost always the 2nd and 3rd kits are class while the 1st is generally just a classic staple.