Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I disagree, clubs and agents help each other out all the time. While obviously other clubs wouldn't give them the money they wanted, they would still help them offload players.

Italian teams do it all the time between each other and that Pjanic/Arthur swap deal from last season was just a way for both clubs to balance their books. I've mentioned it before but Juventus exchanged Spinazzola to Roma for a 20-year old left back who they immediately loaned out to Cagliari and then to Genoa, no intention of ever using him. It was a book balancing deal and also I believe a wink-wink deal for Zaniolo in the future, but then Zaniolo had two ACL injuries.

I'm sure Barca could easily find a partial salary loan for Coutinho and Pjanic, find a taker for Braithwaite, been less demanding with Atletico in that Griezmann exchange deal, but like you said instead of doing that they actually kept bringing in players :manny:
Clubs can do each other favors if both gain something out of it and the Arthur/Pjanic deal benefited both Juve and Barca as you said.

What deal could Barca have made to clear 120M in 4 weeks off their books ? And which other clubs was in need of a similar book balancing ?

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe we're selling Romelukaku :mjcry:

There goes the Inter resurgence. Without our manager and our best player (and Hakimi will be a huge loss as well), everything achieved in the last two seasons has turned to shyt
Arent your owners in dire need of cash so they have to fire sale ? Inter's future looks bleak.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Romelukaku cost 80 million to sign and he's being unloaded for 115 million after two brilliant seasons. Even given that money is a problem, that's hardly much of a profit. He should be going for nearer to the numbers being quoted for Harry Kane.

Hakimi was signed for 40 million and just one season later has been sold for 60 million. Again we probably only made a very small profit on that, and in light of his amazing season he should surely have commanded a larger fee

Lautaro Martinez should have been the guy we sold, bought for 22 million, and now three years later his current prices are being quoted at 70 million. That's what I'm talking about. Subtract his wages and it's still in all likelihood something like 25 to 30 million profit.

If you're going to be a selling club at least be good at selling people. Demand maximum value. The players all have long term deals and they're all very happy to stay. The club therefore held the strong card in all the negotiations and it's so disappointing to see them let PSG and Chelsea off with bargains

115million euros for Lukaku is not a bargain at all. 28 years old so basically will have no big resale value so immediately as of signing hes a depreciating asset. His EPL scoring record is ok, not elite - the Italian league definitely suited him.

Switch

All Star
Daps
Poch getting to manage Messi, Neymar, Ramos etc
its-a-crazy-world-we-live-in-jess-mariano.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Romelukaku cost 80 million to sign and he's being unloaded for 115 million after two brilliant seasons. Even given that money is a problem, that's hardly much of a profit. He should be going for nearer to the numbers being quoted for Harry Kane.

Hakimi was signed for 40 million and just one season later has been sold for 60 million. Again we probably only made a very small profit on that, and in light of his amazing season he should surely have commanded a larger fee

Lautaro Martinez should have been the guy we sold, bought for 22 million, and now three years later his current prices are being quoted at 70 million. That's what I'm talking about. Subtract his wages and it's still in all likelihood something like 25 to 30 million profit.

If you're going to be a selling club at least be good at selling people. Demand maximum value. The players all have long term deals and they're all very happy to stay. The club therefore held the strong card in all the negotiations and it's so disappointing to see them let PSG and Chelsea off with bargains

You don't understand the situation Inter are in

You still owe United payments for Lukaku
Missed payment of 40-50m. Inter are in no position to dictate terms like that for what they should get for him. How much do you owe Real for Hakimi still? Just selling Martinez unless you got a Neymar price for him and keeping Hakimi and Lukaku still isn't going to help Inter.

Once President Xi Jinping told all the billionaires that football is no longer a thing of importance that phucked Inter and the Chinese Super League. On top of that add Rona to the mix.