Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

No matter how many trophies they win, all football will still shyt on them. :pachaha:

Yeah expect ppl to show up on a Tuesday night when we fully expected Penalty FC to win their game.

And ignore the crowd that came out last week for the Chelsea and PSG game. Do your thing.

If United ever win it again I expect millions to show up, because y'all over there starving.

Edit: City fans also have jobs. Some fan bases are full of unemployed people like Roberto Firmino.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Yeah expect ppl to show up on a Tuesday night when we fully expected Penalty FC to win their game.

And ignore the crowd that came out last week for the Chelsea and PSG game. Do your thing.

If United ever win it again I expect millions to show up, because y'all over there starving.

Edit: City fans also have jobs. Some fan bases are full of unemployed people like Roberto Firmino.
Got breh over here speaking in poems. @Roberto Firmino
Rattled you that bad huh?:wow:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Got breh over here speaking in poems. @Roberto Firmino
Rattled you that bad huh?:wow:
I'm shocked man actually mentioned my name after almost 2 years, you right my posts that he can't see cause he got all the mandem blocked but seems to know what's been said even when I'm the only one that's said it must have struck a nerve :ehh:

Still won't reply to me and his bytch ass didn't tag me so still the same coward ass bytch @Yayo Toure suck a dikk :mjgrin:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Many people are claiming that if the super league clubs are banned, it'd be illegal and they could overturn it at either or both the EU court and the CAS. I don't understand that, UEFA's case looks bulletproof to me. If you sign up for a new football competition then I have the rights to kick you out of mine, simple. I'm not going to stop you from creating a new competition and I'm not going to stop you from signing players to play in it. I'm just not going to let you play with me anymore.

How is that a breach of anti-competitive business law? The prosecutors would have to prove that UEFA are actively trying to sabotage the super league, whereas all UEFA have to do is say "no we aren't, we're just going to kick them out of our structure if they build their own." Surely this is no different to one company saying that if an employee starts their own business to compete directly with the company that they are affiliated with, then that company has the right to fire them. Otherwise I could go work for Apple and start my own tech company and just steal all the designs from Apple, right?

In any case, if these self-proclaimed experts on European competition law online are predicting things with accuracy, it gives us all the more reason to despise the fans of the remaining three clubs. It's all their fault. Fans of the other clubs sacked up and stood up and had it shut down. MES QUE UN CLUB™️ over here did fukking nothing. They all think it's a good idea! Meanwhile it was the fans of the "plastic" clubs whom Barcelona revile so much who actually stood up and did something about it and forced their clubs to cancel their participation in the rebel league. Nothing could be more plastic than the three clubs that remain in the rebellion; even their hard core match going fans, their versions of Troopz and DT and shyt, all the psychos for whom the club means more than life and death, did absolutely nothing to stop it or even to voice their opposition in a meaningful way.

Maybe if there were 40 Real Madrid fans outside their stadium like there were 40 Chelsea fans outside their stadium, Real Madrid would have also cancelled. But the BIGGEST CLUBS with the BEST HISTORY AND FANS in the world couldn't even muster up 40 of them to stand up for what's right, which even the "synthetic polystyrene silicone phthalate polyvinyl chloride polyethylene" Chelsea FC could do.

I have always hated the big clubs and their fans. The "plastic" clubs are the only ones with any real soul (excluding the big English clubs whose fans admirably proved to be the exception), because their success is still recent enough for the bulk of their hard core, match going support to remember back when things weren't so good. They don't yet have the entitled and arrogant mentality that the fans of the big continental clubs do. They have the soul that Barcelona never had, and they have the real history that Real Madrid never had, a history of being an ordinary and humble football club not the self-appointed gods gift to the sport.

Never again should real football fans complain about plastic clubs; plastic is authentic. Its proven itself to be authentic by the actions of its fans. Better a plastic club like PSG, City, or Chelsea, than an illegally-poached rhinoceros horn combined with elephant ivory covered in tiger skin and inlaid with conflict diamonds club like Barcelona, Juventus, or Real Madrid

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
E1LdahZWEAAGiOJ

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
You can defeat the man, you can't defeat the idea.

We will regroup in 2025, Shopify Super League presented by CashApp.
Man writing paragraphs of love about UEFA and the status quo like it’s any better :mjlol:

We be back with that new improved Super League believe that :birdman:

And you gotta do better @Sukairain last I checked the quietest of the lot was the City fans aka the biggest plastics and we all know why they ain’t really wanna rock the boat :mjpls: bigging up them same plastic clubs that done distorted the game so much, you do realise that’s why Juve, Barca and Real so desperate for this in the first place cause they going broke tryna keep up yea?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Many people are claiming that if the super league clubs are banned, it'd be illegal and they could overturn it at either or both the EU court and the CAS. I don't understand that, UEFA's case looks bulletproof to me. If you sign up for a new football competition then I have the rights to kick you out of mine, simple. I'm not going to stop you from creating a new competition and I'm not going to stop you from signing players to play in it. I'm just not going to let you play with me anymore.

How is that a breach of anti-competitive business law? The prosecutors would have to prove that UEFA are actively trying to sabotage the super league, whereas all UEFA have to do is say "no we aren't, we're just going to kick them out of our structure if they build their own." Surely this is no different to one company saying that if an employee starts their own business to compete directly with the company that they are affiliated with, then that company has the right to fire them. Otherwise I could go work for Apple and start my own tech company and just steal all the designs from Apple, right?

In any case, if these self-proclaimed experts on European competition law online are predicting things with accuracy, it gives us all the more reason to despise the fans of the remaining three clubs. It's all their fault. Fans of the other clubs sacked up and stood up and had it shut down. MES QUE UN CLUB™️ over here did fukking nothing. They all think it's a good idea! Meanwhile it was the fans of the "plastic" clubs whom Barcelona revile so much who actually stood up and did something about it and forced their clubs to cancel their participation in the rebel league. Nothing could be more plastic than the three clubs that remain in the rebellion; even their hard core match going fans, their versions of Troopz and DT and shyt, all the psychos for whom the club means more than life and death, did absolutely nothing to stop it or even to voice their opposition in a meaningful way.

Maybe if there were 40 Real Madrid fans outside their stadium like there were 40 Chelsea fans outside their stadium, Real Madrid would have also cancelled. But the BIGGEST CLUBS with the BEST HISTORY AND FANS in the world couldn't even muster up 40 of them to stand up for what's right, which even the "synthetic polystyrene silicone phthalate polyvinyl chloride polyethylene" Chelsea FC could do.

I have always hated the big clubs and their fans. The "plastic" clubs are the only ones with any real soul (excluding the big English clubs whose fans admirably proved to be the exception), because their success is still recent enough for the bulk of their hard core, match going support to remember back when things weren't so good. They don't yet have the entitled and arrogant mentality that the fans of the big continental clubs do. They have the soul that Barcelona never had, and they have the real history that Real Madrid never had, a history of being an ordinary and humble football club not the self-appointed gods gift to the sport.

Never again should real football fans complain about plastic clubs; plastic is authentic. Its proven itself to be authentic by the actions of its fans. Better a plastic club like PSG, City, or Chelsea, than an illegally-poached rhinoceros horn combined with elephant ivory covered in tiger skin and inlaid with conflict diamonds club like Barcelona, Juventus, or Real Madrid

You're being kinda harsh to Barca, Juve, and Real Madrid imo. I can understand why those 3 are still sticking by the Super League concept. Their leagues are far behind the Premier League and this was their latest roll of the dice to catch up to the English clubs. Their fans can see it, hence the lack of protest. UEFA sweetened the pot for the English clubs, I don't think they have done that for the rebel 3.

I agree they're arrogant and greedy but I don't think they could ever compete with England and the Premier League, they know that deep down. Being in England, speaking English and piggybacking off the English empire is a large reason for the Premier League's success. They could make inroads in ways La Liga and Serie A couldn't. Don't get me wrong, the Premier League put in a lot of work but La Liga and Serie A could never reach the heights of PL for non-football reasons.

I also don't think the opposition is that altruistic. Chelsea and City would've seen their power curtailed with the Super League. Roman-Putin. PSG and the 2022 World Cup. You had an active campaign of misinformation by Sky that helped fuel the collapse of the Super League. UEFA ended up giving the English clubs more ways into the CL.

Man writing paragraphs of love about UEFA and the status quo like it’s any better :mjlol:

We be back with that new improved Super League believe that
:birdman:
And you gotta do better @Sukairain last I checked the quietest of the lot was the City fans aka the biggest plastics and we all know why they ain’t really wanna rock the boat :mjpls: bigging up them same plastic clubs that done distorted the game so much, you do realise that’s why Juve, Barca and Real so desperate for this in the first place cause they going broke tryna keep up yea?

:blessed::blessed::blessed:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

:picard: I do wonder if all the abuse got to these fellas.

Fired everyone to support the GK coach, everyone hates GK coach now
Members of the board rejected David O'Leary joining the board because they didn't want someone challenging them
Arteta having a cult-like devotion from some of the players
Aubameyang and Arteta not on the best of terms
Fired all the scouts, now using a head hunting firm to replace scouts
Some players feel Arteta lies in the press

Last edited: