Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Soft assss nikka, Xhaka is shiit.

Evra aint incite no racial abuse, by saying that he's garbage.

Too many Biitchh assss dudes occupying space on this earth:hhh:
Evra only said that he was at Henry's house and as soon as he saw Xhaka, he switched off the tv.:dead:

He probably should've released that information since it wouldn't look good on him or Thierry.:bryan:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
11/12 season Dortmund won the league. 12/13 CL Final and finished 25 points behind Bayern can blame that on making and concentrating on CL. Next season finished 19 points behind Bayern and went out Q/F stage. Last season 14/15 The team went to shyt in the first half of the season and came back strong because Klopp didnt trust any of his new signings barring Auba and finished 7th. And while the stats said they were playing fine and hitting high numbers but they werent converting their chances pretty much like how Liverpool have struggled this season in the run vs the bottom half of the table team. You never guess what is a known cause of teams not taking chances but ill save that for later. Rumblings of Klopp/Dortmund being burnt out go back as far as the 13/14 season. Picked up a lot more in 14/15. He did resign 18 months into a 5 year contract citing he was the reason why he had to go.
I'm aware of all this man, you're being disingenuous trying to compare that season to now. You wanna talk about fatigue and yadayadayada and talk about it going back to even last season but wanna disregard a whole half season we were still doing well and were even sitting top to focus on a bad spell of 6 weeks which lines up exactly where we lost our 3rd cb of the season and the already difficult situation became completely untenable. A physically and mentally fatigued team due to burn out all the way from last February doesn't do what we did until the new year.

What season? This one? last one? the year before?

Now the reason why i said you could argue Watford and Atletico. December 19 Liverpool over the most busiest period in the football calendar were playing every 3 days. They had 6 PL games + 3 international games (CL & WCC) + travel to Qatar that month. January they had another 6 PL games up till the Winter break. And that isnt including the Cup games where you played your u10's in. You dont think after a heavy intense schedule wont catch up with sooner or later especially on the results side of things. Everything has a catalyst to it. You can point to Spurs losing to Burnley as the starting point of Poch and the teams decline even if they did get to a CL final that season.
Every season which is why historically we have been poor over that period because like I said the quality hasn't been there.

He has nothing to do with what im on about. He was gone before 18/19 season Summer window closed. Shaqiri missed 11 games thru injury last season out of the 57 games played and barely played after football commenced after lockdown. 7mins out of the 5 games he was on the bench after lockdown. Taki last 9 games of the season post lockdown. He started 2 games left on the bench for another 2 games and came on for 16, 5, 3, 29 and 3 mins in the other 5 games. Thats really rotating the squad when youve already won the league. Tsimikas a player who has about 5 games for you?
Nah you said about fans claiming he only bought for the xi which isn't true and something I've never said and went on about Wenger, etc buying squad players too, well squad players have been bought. Shaq wasn't fit bench or not, Taki absolutely should have been playing, you'll get no argument from me that he shouldn't have been starting every game once the league was wrapped up and he probably wouldn't be out on loan now if that had of been the case, Tsimikas got covid and has been injured it's not like he's been available all season and just hasn't been used. Kloppo's rotation is less than perfect but you acting like he doesn't do it all is just dishonest.

These were Klopp problems in years 6 and 7 at Dortmund. Surely he should have a gameplan for this no?. I mean after all Dortmund and Liverpool were blitzing parking the bus and countering teams before. Why isnt it working now? Is it the system been found out or could it be something else? Like mental fatigue.
Because you keep wanting to be act like our system hasn't had to change completely due to the injuries at cb, we cant push the line up higher, midfield isn't able to win the ball up high like they do and then get it quick to the forwards and is also easily bypassed unlike when you have Hendo and Fab in there, we are also a lot more vulnerable to set pieces with no cbs as well.

Didnt one of your players vs Southampton loses the ball over 30 times in a game? Havent Liverpool struggled to score vs team in the bottom half of the table recently? THey use to smash these teams and now :manny: Your defence and midfield might of changed but your forwards havent. You know the forwards who after playing a World Cup one summer then the next summer have another international tournament where 2 of those players made the final. b2b summers of football and lack of extended rest before coming back to play in the most physically and mentally demanding league all before lockdown happened. Surely their has to be some form of mental drop off at some point going to well too many times. And thats not even getting into the mental aspect of the pandemic and the fallout from that emotionally and mentally since then. And on top of that playing in a condensed calendar both club and country level and having a even shorter season to season break. But yet you Liverpool fans still want to try and go oh our CB's our CB's is why we have failed this year to me. When I havent said anything about your CB's injuries in this whole debate, nor pinned the blame on Klopp for those said injuries. All i have said and maintained that Klopp has a history and his teams look burnt out/fatigued and all of your replies are the same damn thing its the CB's. Have the CB's missing been a problem yes, but it isnt the only problem wrong with your team. Without even getting to the Hedge Fund side of things.
Because that is the big difference and why it's not comparable to his last season at Dortmund, like I said in my previous post we haven't lost a single game when Hendo has been able to play in midfield (14 league, 1 efl, 4 cl which was 4 wins and an aggregate score of 8-0), we've lost just once in the 10 games Joel has been able to play at cb allowing us at least one of our cms to go back to where they belong and that was with a midfield of Wijnaldum, Thiago and Shaq which is :scust:

You smart enough to know that the forwards don't operate in isolation and that's not how a team functions, we keep mentioning it because it's the massive fukking elephant in the room and the poor run in form has literally coincided with having no cbs at all but you wanna ignore all that to look like a genius and claim you called this years back :scusthov:

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm aware of all this man, you're being disingenuous trying to compare that season to now. You wanna talk about fatigue and yadayadayada and talk about it going back to even last season but wanna disregard a whole half season we were still doing well and were even sitting top to focus on a bad spell of 6 weeks which lines up exactly where we lost our 3rd cb of the season and the already difficult situation became completely untenable. A physically and mentally fatigued team due to burn out all the way from last February doesn't do what we did until the new year.

Every season which is why historically we have been poor over that period because like I said the quality hasn't been there.

Nah you said about fans claiming he only bought for the xi which isn't true and something I've never said and went on about Wenger, etc buying squad players too, well squad players have been bought. Shaq wasn't fit bench or not, Taki absolutely should have been playing, you'll get no argument from me that he shouldn't have been starting every game once the league was wrapped up and he probably wouldn't be out on loan now if that had of been the case. Kloppo's rotation is less than perfect but you acting like he doesn't do it all is just dishonest.

Because you keep wanting to be act like our system hasn't had to change completely due to the injuries at cb, we cant push the line up higher, midfield isn't able to win the ball up high like they do and then get it quick to the forwards and is also easily bypassed unlike when you have Hendo and Fab in there, we are also a lot more vulnerable to set pieces with no cbs as well.

Because that is the big difference and why it's not comparable to his last season at Dortmund, like I said in my previous post we haven't lost a single game when Hendo has been able to play in midfield (14 league, 1 efl, 4 cl which was 4 wins and an aggregate score of 8-0), we've lost just once in the 10 games Joel has been able to play at cb allowing us at least one of our cms to go back to where they belong and that was with a midfield of Wijnaldum, Thiago and Shaq which is :scust:

You smart enough to know that the forwards don't operate in isolation and that's not how a team functions, we keep mentioning it because it's the massive fukking elephant in the room and the poor run in form has literally coincided with having no cbs at all but you wanna ignore all that to look like a genius and claim you called this years back :scusthov:

:camby:

Sorry no one is buying 78% poss and 17 shots vs WBA 72 % poss and 27 shots vs Burnley 63% and 11 shots vs Brighton 73% and 11 shots vs Newcastle and the excuse for only scoring 1 is because the 3rd CB is missing. You have the most passes and shots in the PL and 2nd in missed big chances this season. And you out here selling the hooker with the heart of gold story.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
@Kunty McPhuck @Roberto Firmino

RichAnimatedBlueandgoldmackaw-size_restricted.gif