Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
You're being slightly disingenuous, 3 cbs out for the season, our 2 best midfielders then having to move back, depth for the front 3 in Jota goes down injured and even with all that we were top just a few weeks back, yes the wheels have fallen off spectacularly but there's just no comparison to his last season at Dortmund.

Yes burnout is a legitimate concern, yes rotation has been less than ideal but that's because the quality hasn't been there to allow it as you well know :ufdup:but neither of those has anything to do with what's happening now. VVD freak injury, guy's been made of steel, Pickford loosing his head and fukking him up has nothing to do with burnout or lack of rotation. Joel and Joe are a cert to be out for extended periods of time every season, that's nothing to do with burnout or lack of rotation and is where the real fukk up was made this season, for as much as I was unhappy with not getting in a cb in the summer, you can make Fab work as 4th choice but not with those 2 as your 2nd and 3rd choice, like I told you in the summer when we were discussing it, it was negligence pure and simple, it was guaranteed to happen.

I mean seriously, I know it's all bants and that but there's really no mystery or underlying reason due to Kloppo's methods here it's simple as fukk :dead: I'd like to see how any team in the league copes with having to play their 2 best midfielders at the back for any period of time it'll be an absolute shytshow, lets see city with KDB and Bernardo playing at cb, the mancs with Bruno and Pogba, Leicster with Ndidi and Maddison, etc and that's not even an excuse which I refuse to do because while you can't legislate for what happened to Virg the majority of this is self inflicted twice over and is exactly what we (looking at FSG mostly) deserve because 1) a cb should have been brought in over the summer after selling Dejan or he shouldn't have been sold, especially over Thiago, I don't care how little we had to pay upfront it was a luxury buy, didn't like it then, don't now, talk is that the original plan was we were expecting Barca to bid for Wijnadum and Thiago comes in to take his place with a net spend of 0 pretty much, I can get down with that but as soon as it became apparent no bid was going to be forthcoming then that should have been the end of that with us pleading poverty (Thiago gonna be just fine btw as much as I don't like it, you stick him in a 3 with Hendo and Fab or in a 4231 which I think was probably our plan to play quite a bit of this season he's gonna be fine, he ain't the problem) and 2) we had months before the window opened, somebody should have been lined up to come in on the 1st, I don't know if the plan was to always leave it til the last minute because FSG thought they could put the squeeze on or if these tight fukks who think they are the smartest guys in the room really were happy to plow on until Kloppo went public and Joel being out for the season forced their hand but either way it was criminal :scust: you had Caleta-Car available for 20m and if we had of made the bid with good time and given them time to find a replacement instead of waiting til the day before deadline day we would have had him, even if Kabak was the guy, you get him in early and settled then I don't think those last 2 goals happen today and we have a better January.

And for all the talk of Kloppo's final season, he managed to turn it around in the second half got them from 17th up to 7th, got them to the final of the DFB and all the underlying numbers say they were kind of unlucky to even be in that position in the first place, I think it's way overblown.

Breh them lot spent over half a billy on just their defense in the last 2/3 seasons, over 200m just on fullbacks and he's trying to tell you they spend better, you lost even trying to argue with that clown :scust:

You still in your feelings about your Guinean cousin Naby.

You keep on going on about your injuries THIS season. I'm not even debating or talking about that. The lack of rotation from 18/19 and 19/20 has burnt the players both mentally and physically has led to this. Y. Liverpools play this year has looked fatigued and that was even before VVD got taken out. Potentially can argue even just before lockdown if you look at the Watford and Atletico results and games. You Liverpool brehs are soo caught up in this season are totally forgetting about the sins of not rotating the previous 2 seasons prior. Why you think Fergie managed to dominate for so long because he knew when to rotate his squad. Klopp plays his best XI regardless its vs the worst team in the league at Anfield. or vs the best teams in the league. You dont think that isnt going to catch up with a side after a while.

Bu-bu-but its the Hedge Funds fault Klopp plays the best XI every game. Bu-bu-but we only sign players for the first XI and who is going to replace our starters. THe one thing great teams/coaches do is not only sign starters they sign squad players too. Fergie and Wenger did this for years btw. You know why the Galaticos failed in the end at Madrid when Zidane, Real Ronaldo, Figo Becks etc etc were there. It wasnt just because Makaelelelelelele was sold. Because Florentino sold all the back ups and left them with about 14 first team players and mix and match it with youngsters. And this is well over 15 years ago. Is this not too far off from where Liverpool are at now. Bu-but-but our injuries its not fair. Life aint fair Liverpool had their luck with injuries for 2 seasons and the Liver bird has come home to be found in a pool of blood.

Carragher basically put up the most games and starts played since August 2018 and Liverpool have 5 players in that list. 1st Salah 3rd You 5th Robertson 8th Mane and 9th Wijnaldum. Sterling 2nd Coady 4th Bernardo Silva 6th Lucas Moura 7th Apzilicueta 10th Rashford.

Lets look at the non Liverpool 5. United fans were saying Rashford needs a rest. Then he broke his back vs Wolves and then Covid. Coady and Dave are defenders. Sterling did lose form prior to lockdown and has only just started looking his old self the past few months. And Bernardo Silva last season was off form. Given that he had basically played in 3 Title winner teams in 3 seasons you expect that too happen they aint machines. Then there is Lucas Moura

Receipts predicting this From Feb 4th 2015

sting-drops-from-the-rafters-o.gif

Because his style of football has a 3-4 year shelf life TOPS. Just look at all the injuries they have had over the past 2 seasons :mindblown: is it just being pure unlucky or is it just the intensity and demands Klopp want his teams to play at, has finally caught up to the players who have been there since the revival and the replacement players who have come in haven't either fitted in or aren't as consistent as the players who have left. Also he hasn't really adapted/evolved his style to counter teams who will sit and park. Theyll always get results vs the bigger teams as they don't have to dictate the game, so they can press like mad men and then hit teams on the counter, like they have done to Arsenal, Real & Bayern in recent years.

A Klopp team having problems with teams sitting and parking. My word, that hasnt happened this season has it.

Is that too far back for you?

More recent

May 2019

It's simple, the team is peaking in it's cycle together. They probably have about another year left to win something, before it has to be broken up. Squads together have small windows to win, sometimes it's a 1-2 years, sometimes it's 3-4, but that is different stages of development. But they have to win, or it will be all for nothing, otherwise they will be no better than some other team who've been together for a while and haven't done anything.

Winning trophies creates a winning mentality, because you know how to get over the line as a squad. Liverpool took last seasons loss in the final as motivation. As well as using beating the best team in England 3 out of the 4 games played last season.

May 2018 CL final
May 2019 CL Winners
July 2020 PL Winners

I think that fits the windows non? I did say Liverpool peaked in 2019 right? You know peak is their absolute maximum?

Klopp been given the time, because he is a builder and his style takes a while to implement and needs the right pieces. Which will come crashing down at some point because of the intensity required, can only last for maybe a couple of seasons, before burn out unless you rotate out the players regularly, which he doesn't really do. But that's a conversation for another time.

All before Liverpool won anything

WE having that conversation NOW :mjgrin:

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Ralph Hasenhüttl gotta be mad as fukk; Conceded a cheap pen, then immediately concede again....Now they're on their way to losing 5 games in a row and Wolves with their first win since November.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
To be honest I feel like we've missed the boat on Kane. :ld:
Probably, i think there might be an element of Kane missing the boat himself as well. Should have moved on a couple of years ago.

As ridiculous as he can be when fit he seems to have ankles made of tracing paper, will be 28 in the summer, would cost a fortune .etc

With that said if there was a situation this summer or next where he came out and publicly tried to leave Spurs i have no doubt we'd be in for him.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Now we get to listen to Gary labour the same fukking point over and over for 90 minutes. Thanks lads.