Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hard to rate this performance so far. Very dominant and positive but Spurs are pretty bad to say the least.

Here comes that clown Christensen to fukk it up.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Hazard burnt out. :manny:

He's just turned 30 and already has played 700 career games. :picard:

Prior to joining Real his previous 11 seasons as a first team player he averages 35 league games a season and if you add in the extras of cups and international football it jumps up to 58 games a season. On top of that he played in the 2 most physical leagues for 11 seasons. PL for 7 and Ligue 1 for 4. Btw I've not his debut season. He was 16 but he went from barely playing 4 games to 35 games in his first full season the following year

Being overweight for pre season is on him but I think his body has decided to give up on him. :hubie:

Gooney, Torres, Sanchez, Eriksen and now Hazard I call this a pattern. All players who started out at 16/17 playing non stop played a number of years in the PL and hitting a wall once they hit their supposed prime years. And unfortunately I see this happening to many others in the future too. Rashford for one. :mjcry:

We saw what happened to Real Ronaldo and Michael Owen injuries destroying their careers. And while I do think Dele Alli current demise is more about ego and enjoying the celebrity stimulus package. His levels of performance had dropped way before Jose had turned up. He's another player who started playing non stop pro football from 16.

Can't see Kane's body holding up into his 30's either.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Can't see Kane's body holding up into his 30's either.

Kante is different to them he didn't make his pro debut till 20/21. But Kante can continue to his mid 30's he just has to adapt his game now. As his reading of the game is good he'll still make the interceptions he just has to pick his runs/ driving forward more intelligently which all b2b players do as they get to their 30's. His knee is the main concern with him tho. Not Essien status yet :hubie:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
has Mourinho ever thought any of his teams any pressing drills?
He’s destroying our team. You can tell the players have given up on his system. Dropping back and just hitting on the counter can only take you so far

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Kante is different to them he didn't make his pro debut till 20/21. But Kante can continue to his mid 30's he just has to adapt his game now. As his reading of the game is good he'll still make the interceptions he just has to pick his runs/ driving forward more intelligently which all b2b players do as they get to their 30's. His knee is the main concern with him tho. Not Essien status yet :hubie:

he said Harry Kane. Not Kante

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
he said Harry Kane. Not Kante

I'm :mjlit:

Same applies to him too. :skip: And he's already started to adapt his game off his play this season. By the time he played his first full season at Spurs he was already 21. Played about 80 games over previous 4 seasons before then. 20 games a season is a good amount for a young/under 21 player. It's Enough games for development while not overloading their physical development at the same time.

Poch ran Kane into the ground anyway. :manny:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
UK Racism (in all its subtle glory and faux rational) with Bill Leckie (Journalist) throwing shade at Flex from the United Stand.

:mjpls:

Box Ticker :gucci:

EtO-A7LXYAA6-kt

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
so much :mjpls:

“ ‘flex’ (sneer!!) “
“dj”
“junkie”
“dude”
“name not worth remembering”
“box tickers”
“racial equality lectures”

creh should be sentenced to an hour alone in a room with Troopz on the mic after an Arsenal loss :hhh: