Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
this has always been my theory too. mostly with attacking players(besides Cesc)

that's why I think Mbappe has to slow down but another part of me thinks he has that Ronaldo physical gift and work ethics

speaking of which, I think the last few years of Dembele's injury was a blessing in disguise. He now knows his body. He still has his speed. but man has barely played 100 career games and he's 23 :dead:

You think Mbappe playing in a lesser league helps his longevity?

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A proper manager comes in and we see three starts for Hudson-Odoi and bums like Pulisic dropped :blessed:

Lumpard :scust:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Put money on Werner scoring the first goal and scoring a worldie. He would break his duck against Tottenham.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Hazard burnt out. :manny:

He's just turned 30 and already has played 700 career games. :picard:

Prior to joining Real his previous 11 seasons as a first team player he averages 35 league games a season and if you add in the extras of cups and international football it jumps up to 58 games a season. On top of that he played in the 2 most physical leagues for 11 seasons. PL for 7 and Ligue 1 for 4. Btw I've not his debut season. He was 16 but he went from barely playing 4 games to 35 games in his first full season the following year

Being overweight for pre season is on him but I think his body has decided to give up on him. :hubie:

Gooney, Torres, Sanchez, Eriksen and now Hazard I call this a pattern. All players who started out at 16/17 playing non stop played a number of years in the PL and hitting a wall once they hit their supposed prime years. And unfortunately I see this happening to many others in the future too. Rashford for one. :mjcry:

We saw what happened to Real Ronaldo and Michael Owen injuries destroying their careers. And while I do think Dele Alli current demise is more about ego and enjoying the celebrity stimulus package. His levels of performance had dropped way before Jose had turned up. He's another player who started playing non stop pro football from 16.
Cristiano Ronaldo should be the model on keeping your body in good shape.

Real ronaldo's career went to shyt, the moment he bulked up at inter. And i dont think he trained his muscles to handle that frame. So his knee gave out.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Brighton been playing good football all season, had a lot of unlucky results that could have easily gone their way. Good for them points are starting to roll in

Graham Potter :salute:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
this has always been my theory too. mostly with attacking players(besides Cesc)

that's why I think Mbappe has to slow down but another part of me thinks he has that Ronaldo physical gift and work ethics

speaking of which, I think the last few years of Dembele's injury was a blessing in disguise. He now knows his body. He still has his speed. but man has barely played 100 career games and he's 23 :dead:

Yup about Dembele. Just as long as he keeps a health lifestyle he should be fine. But as he did have a bad hamstring injury that could cause him some issues. I remember Giggs did have hamstring issues in the early part of his career not as bad as Dembele had. But once he got to his mid 20's they didn't give him any problems for the rest of his career. Apart from when he hamstrung both his and brothers' marriages.

Regarding Mbappe he's never played more than 29 league games in a season. So he has managed to get the rest thru a season. Also with Ligue 1 not resuming after the initial lockdown also gave him much needed rest also.

With C dot he was lucky that he had Fergie who would manage his mins and starts early on. Fergie had Gooney to run into the ground til C dot matured. Also C dot only has played more than 35 games in a league season twice thru out his career. three times if you include the 35. (36 &38). And never more than 34 for United

Messi has played 38 games in a league season once and 37 once. Hazard done it 3 times and 37 twice.

Last edited:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I don’t understand Jose we have shyt defender but still parking the bus. So many good players on our squad are being wasted in this system my god Jose needs to go this beyond pathetic