Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
4 away wins tonight.

More away wins this season than home wins.

I know people talk about crowds but I think it's styles.

So many teams are so organized and the playmakers aren't there. Away teams can sit back and hit on the break.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
maxresdefault-removebg-preview-6.png

JLingz season is back :wow:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
What does that mean breh? And how does his poor fitness and production relate to this?
I’m saying a couple of years ago, off what he showed at Chelsea, you make this transfer 9 out of 10 times. Now in hindsight you can say it’s not a good transfer.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’m saying a couple of years ago, off what he showed at Chelsea, you make this transfer 9 out of 10 times. Now in hindsight you can say it’s not a good transfer.
Yeah I got that from the first part of your post and agree with it.

I just didn't understand the part about Hazard not knowing the difference between Chelsea and RM :heh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Hazard burnt out. :manny:

He's just turned 30 and already has played 700 career games. :picard:

Prior to joining Real his previous 11 seasons as a first team player he averages 35 league games a season and if you add in the extras of cups and international football it jumps up to 58 games a season. On top of that he played in the 2 most physical leagues for 11 seasons. PL for 7 and Ligue 1 for 4. Btw I've not his debut season. He was 16 but he went from barely playing 4 games to 35 games in his first full season the following year

Being overweight for pre season is on him but I think his body has decided to give up on him. :hubie:

Gooney, Torres, Sanchez, Eriksen and now Hazard I call this a pattern. All players who started out at 16/17 playing non stop played a number of years in the PL and hitting a wall once they hit their supposed prime years. And unfortunately I see this happening to many others in the future too. Rashford for one. :mjcry:

We saw what happened to Real Ronaldo and Michael Owen injuries destroying their careers. And while I do think Dele Alli current demise is more about ego and enjoying the celebrity stimulus package. His levels of performance had dropped way before Jose had turned up. He's another player who started playing non stop pro football from 16.

Last edited: