Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Remember watching Welbeck during summer friendlies as an 18yo. Dude looked at times the best player on the pitch. Him not being able to finish is inexplicable to me

Sturridge should not be out of first team football so soon

Balotelli was always gonna end here the moment he got old and once potential met reality.

Wele was a scorer of great goals, but not a great goal scorer. I always liked him as a player, could play anywhere across the front line and gave 100%. I think Wele is too nice of a person if he was more cutthroat he could of been better.

I do remember an interesting story from his United days between Moyes and him. Moyes was telling Wele he needs to work harder on his finishing and do more after training work. Wele was quite surprised at Moyes, because he actually was doing it and felt insulted. A) Its Moyes what did he really know, he was awful as the coach at United but B) Even tho Wele was doing the after training work, he might not of doing it at the intensity required to improve. Sometimes no matter how hard you try it wasn't meant to be. :manny:

The Sturridge Family got to be the weakest Sporting Family in the history of Sports. The Family Coat of Arms is the Red Cross. :hubie:

With Wele and Sturridge you can pin injuries as too why they never kicked in to what their talent suggested it should have. Balotelli problems more mental and that's is what often happens to extremely talented individuals. When things come too easy, they have a nonchalant attitude and think they can switch it on just like that and are content. There are other factors you could cite as to why Balo never reached his potential. I just think if you look at the other Italian talents of his era, they are all a disappointment and that generation has been let down as a whole. But that doesn't fit the bad Balotelli narrative.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Wele was a scorer of great goals, but not a great goal scorer. I always liked him as a player, could play anywhere across the front line and gave 100%. I think Wele is too nice of a person if he was more cutthroat he could of been better.

I do remember an interesting story from his United days between Moyes and him. Moyes was telling Wele he needs to work harder on his finishing and do more after training work. Wele was quite surprised at Moyes, because he actually was doing it and felt insulted. A) Its Moyes what did he really know, he was awful as the coach at United but B) Even tho Wele was doing the after training work, he might not of doing it at the intensity required to improve. Sometimes no matter how hard you try it wasn't meant to be. :manny:

The Sturridge Family got to be the weakest Sporting Family in the history of Sports. The Family Coat of Arms is the Red Cross. :hubie:

With Wele and Sturridge you can pin injuries as too why they never kicked in to what their talent suggested it should have. Balotelli problems more mental and that's is what often happens to extremely talented individuals. When things come too easy, they have a nonchalant attitude and think they can switch it on just like that and are content. There are other factors you could cite as to why Balo never reached his potential. I just think if you look at the other Italian talents of his era, they are all a disappointment and that generation has been let down as a whole. But that doesn't fit the bad Balotelli narrative.
Balotellis mental issues were clear to see. I wonder if clubs thought about sending him to see a therapist bc some of the things he was doing did not make sense

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Still can't forgive him for trying to chip Neuer.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Balotellis mental issues were clear to see. I wonder if clubs thought about sending him to see a therapist bc some of the things he was doing did not make sense

A person can be sent to as many therapists as they want, but if the person doesn't believe anything is wrong or want the help, then it's pointless. It's something you have to be open to exploring yourself, then being told/instructed you have to go.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

Pogba might not have turn out to be the player we hoped but his game was and is an inspiration to these new gens and the upcoming ones. Something about his aura. You never hear a bad word about him from those that played with and against him beside Mou' of course. Even Messi and Neymar looked in awe with him backstage before that one preseason game.