Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I know it's easy to blame Jose, but these Spurs problems were already there before Jose. Did Poch burn the whole team out with his crazy double sessions and high pressing. Kane lost mobility, with his ankle injuries, Eriksen and Dele look like shadows of their former selves. Unless you change your whole squad every 3-4 years, high intense pressing has a short shelf life and isn't ready built for long term success.
Levy not buying anyone the season after they finished 2nd set this team back

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Both :mjcry:

Leaning towards Aouar if he can grow into that attacking mid role. Our attack still looks choppy and uncoordinated at times.

While I would choose Aouar myself between the 2. As you have Ceballos for another year, who is similar type of player. It would be better to sign Partey as he has what you lack in midfield.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
While I would choose Aouar myself between the 2. As you have Ceballos for another year, who is similar type of player. It would be better to sign Partey as he has what you lack in midfield.
I disagree

Ceballos is used as a double with Xhaka, and not as an 8. We need a creator and Aouar could be that. Also Aouar is press resistant, which no one except Özil is.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I disagree

Ceballos is used as a double with Xhaka, and not as an 8. We need a creator and Aouar could be that. Also Aouar is press resistant, which no one except Özil is.

I do wonder if Aouar is that much better than Ozil.

No place for Ozil with this formation tho.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I disagree

I understand the need for a creator, but while your defending has improved, it still needs better protection. Just think Partey would bring more steel and mobility to the midfield, which you've been missing for a long time. Xhaka and Ceballos is a bit one paced as a double, tbh.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Which is more important, Aouar or Partey?

Can’t see anything moving until Kolasinac, Torreira, Sokratis are gone.

On the high, the Kroenke’s are eating real good. Nuggets, Rams’ stadium, Arsenal, Avalanche.
there are lots of Parteys around not even found yet

not too many up and coming midfielders have Aour's ability :hubie: