Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
2004 Van Nistelrooy, his legs were GONE. Pretty sure Utd sold him that season aswell because of it.

Like I said, I don't hold no bias in this discussion I just know those seasons better than any other PL season.

if u say so:hubie:

If u consider drogba in his first 2 seasons WC then ur standards are lowwwwww

If wanna say the talent was clearly there and was inconsistent as hell, we agree but WC is been used very loosely, like the word classic

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yh he was highly anticipated. I even remember one of the headlines "Drog deal" lol

:mjpls:
Bruvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv. Certain times I feel like I'm going crazy ya kno, I'm glad someone remembers.

Drogba was THE GUY when he came, no debates. Thats why I'm triggered hearing this 'his first couple seasons he wasnt all that'.

He came in the Prem moving different, NO ONE had that power, speed, and tekkers combo he was a class above.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if i say so:hubie:

If u consider drogba in his first 2 seasons WC then ur standards are lowwwwww

If wanna say the talent was clearly there and was inconsistent as hell, we agree but WC is been used very loosely, like the word classic

It depends if you wanna take the view that him scoring 20 goals in 06/07 magically makes him world class coz he only scored 12 goals in 05/06.

But in my opinion he was world class before then for sure. And I'm making that assessment based on how highly anticipated he was, the impact he had on the prem and how he was doing shyt no one else was doing at the time.

We can agree to disagree, it's a good discussion though.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Reminds me back in January when Bruno was gonna go to Barca and get loaned to Valencia straight after..

Let's wait and see what happens. :francis:

1 hour ago he was closing to joining us.

We need Reguilon cause I ain't seeing Luke Shaw get injured again and have a right footer in Brandon Williams play there.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Like I said the whole diving debate was the typical white english 'these foreigners are not built like us' false superiority shyt, I remember that clearly and taking no notice of it for said reasons. The Euros where C dot winked at Rooney after diving sent the media into overdrive with diving.

In regards to your last paragraph, would you agree with what I'm saying that he was one of the top 3 strikers in the prem 04/05 05/06?? And that he had a major impact in the prem straight out the gate? Because even though the stats are not there, my point is he was hot as fukk at the time without a doubt one of the most feared.

:beli: I'm disappointed, you tell me how you was football crazy back then and you've totally butchered this like Ricky from Eastenders.

C dot never dived. Gooney stepped on Ricky Carvalho nuts and C dot went up protesting to the ref and then the wink followed it up. Basically saying, if you annoy Gooney he will do something stupid and he did. And it we at the world Cup.

Drogba was a diver you cannot spin it or dress it up any different. And he never stopped doing it, but he became smarter with it.

No one is saying Drogba didn't have a impact when he first came, but compared to Robbens impact in that 04/05 season it doesn't even come close. As for if Drogba was a top 3 striker back 04-06. He was well behind Henry and RVN so at best he was 3. But he wasn't clear 3rd. On his day he was probably 3rd, just like Andy Carroll is on his day, unplayable . But you're forgetting how inconsistent Drogba was in those first 2 years. And that's why we keep on playing tennis.

Daps
Drogba was world class and a massive big game player, but to say he hit the ground running when he joined Chelsea is stretching it abit

First 2 season he did nothing but fall over every where trying to win fouls
Scoring 16 goals in all competitions for both of the first 2 season isnt that good of a return on the 24 million they spent on him
It was his 3rd season where he starting to become the player we remember him by